I have just found out my father, 48 years old, hes smokes and drinks a bit, that he has "Liver Lesion". Could anyone please tell me what is this, What's the causes of him getting this, and is it possible to recover from this and never have to look back on this ever again. I've begged my Dad to quit for weeks now..

It may be cirrhosis of the liver. Excessive consumption of alcohol continues to kill liver cells. Scar tissues form over the dead cells while live liver cells continue to regenerate to form clusters of new cells along the boundaries of the scarring. As a result of the scarring, the liver blood vessels cannot connect normally to the rest of the body, and the ability of the liver to detoxify harmful metabolites is greatly reduced. The ability to excrete bile is also greatly reduced, resulting in diminished ability to digest food. The condition is irreversible. Eventually, liver transplant is the only option.