I would like to know how long it takes prednisone to start working. I can't get hold on my doc until Friday. I was taking antibiotics along so, I am not sure if it's all right to take it in conjunction with Prednisone? I am taking daily dose of 50 mg Prednisone and my episode hasn't improved at all, I guess I shouldn't be seeing some relief by now.

I would say it takes 30 days for prednisone to start working. I started with 40 mg reducing to 10mg. The impact was significant on my crohn's inflammation, but the side effects were more that I could tolerate. I have discontinued using the drug. So, my answer would be that I saw improvement in about 30 days at 40mgs per day.

I started prednisone by injection and it was immediate.

I've been on prednisone 5 years and am weaning off it now. My Dr. said I may have to stay on a low dose for the rest of my life. I told him NO WAY!!

I've been on as high a dose as 60mg a day and am now on 2.5mg a day.

My advise is for you to talk to your Dr. about getting off of it NOW!! It is the worse drug on the market. There are other alternatives.

Since Prednisone is supposed to raise blood sugar levels can you answer why my blood sugar dropped to normal after 3 days of 40 mg Prednisone. For months I have been taking Metformin and taking my sugar levels. They have consistantly ranged between 120 and 150 and never other. After fasting and overnight it was always abourt 130. I had to start Prednisone at 40 mg QD and on the second morning my sugar level was 95 this was the first time it has been less than 100 in the Am The next AM it read 79 then again 2 hours after breakfast it was 85. I have been eating well enough that these are more expected readings. Can you answer why the prednisone seemed to help me attain my sugar level goals? I have chronic gastritis and IBD and might expect that I have an inflamation somewhere. I was wondering if the prednisone decreased inflamaition somewhere to help.

I have the same question - why prednisone lowers my glucose level.
Before I took prednisone, it was 96. After 4 weeks with doses (4 pills/wk1, 3/wk2, 2/wk3 and 1/wk4) it became 80. Can any one explain?

what are the other options? My doctor always wants to give me prednisone for sinus infections, which I am prone to because of a slightly low IgG,