I've only been taking Prednisone for two days now, 25 mg a day.

I'm supposed to be going and drinking with friends tonight, but I wanted to be sure one night of merrymaking while taking this medication is safe.

Can anyone give me any advice?

please? LOL

You should not drink alcohol while taking prednisone. You should wait at least 24 to 48 hours after finishing the medication to start drinking.

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL ON PREDISONE...YOU CAN ULCERATE YOUR STOMACH AND THROAT...YOU WILL FEEL IT , BELIEVE ME, I TRIED A SMALL GLASS OF WINE WHEN FIRST STARTING ON PREDISONE FOR PMR, DONT DO IT.....

Hello there,

I am absolutely sure that you knew the answer to this question even before you have post it. When you buy a medication, prescribed to you by your doctor you need to read the label. Of course there is a warning that you shouldn’t be nixing, in this case, prednisone with alcohol because it can cause severe complications such as stomach ulcers.

Second, you will be taking this medication for quite some time so you simply must learn how to control yourself and change the bad habits you had. First, stop drinking while on prednisone and if you must drink when you go out then don’t go out for some time. I hope that you will manage to make necessary changes.

How invorrrct, lightweight and clueless.