How long does it take for 500mg methocarbamol to start working? I started taking it two days ago and I don't feel any difference. I had pre-existing back pain that I believed was caused from sitting in a chair for long hours at work. I know how ridiculous this sounds, but I have a constant pain in my lower right back that feels like there is a knife stuck in my back, it pops throughout the day which relieves some of the pressure but it comes back right away. It is extremely painful. Last year on my way to plan my daughters dads funeral I was T-Boned by a Cal Fire ambulance and that caused a new injury to my back, so now I have two spots of my back that are in constant pain. The back injury from the car accident feels different though, its more of a throbbing pain like maybe its more of a damaged or tight muscle. I did blood work and X-rays at the time of the accident. They said I was hit so hard that my spine went completely straight and in reality spines have a natural curve, they could tell the muscle was extremely tight as well. I have been on muscle relaxers and ibuprofen for the past year and the pain is way worse. I cant even pick up a laundry basket full of clothes, if I sit on the ground I need help to get back up, I weigh 135 so I am not an overweight person that needs to lose weight. I used to work out every morning but now all I do is walk because my old routine is too painful. I have been using a heating pad anytime I am able to so that I can relieve some of the pain. I did more x-rays and blood work a couple days ago still waiting for results, although I assume they will be the same as last time. I guess I don't feel like this is normal. Is this normal? Is this what a lot of people deal with on a daily basis and they just live the rest of their lives like this. I feel like it is resulting in major depression and I have never been depressed, I am generally a very happy and positive person, but I am in so much pain that I cant and don't want to get out of bed anymore. It would be nice to know how other people deal with this.

Well it depends. Normally when they prescribe a muscle relaxer if the injury is causing that much pain the doctor should have set you up with physical therapy as well and it would definitely have the Methocarbamol working alot better. If nottgey may want to check for an underlying issue!

Also go to another doctor and get a second (maybe even 3rd) opinion. Know one knows your body like you do. If something is not right and you know it then speak up and if they won't listen then it's a shitty doctor!

Just speaking from experience: it sounds like you need an mri scan. Xrays rarely find the cause of back pain, but doctors will continue to do them because it's cheaper. I dealt with it for 10 years before finally getting one and then had surgery 4 months later. The surgery only made things worse, but at least i know what the problem is now(makes it easier to deal with). Other than medications and reduced physical activity, there's really nothing that kills the pain...only dulls it. But it may be something way easier in your case, so I'd say push your doc for an mri/ct scan and don't take no for an answer. Bulging/herniated discs do not show on xrays, pinched nerves don't show either and the stabbing pain is something i know pretty well...caused by bulging discs and pinched nerves. If you have numbness and/or tingling anywhere, it is most commonly a pinched nerve and muscle relaxers do absolutely nothing for it. Good luck, and don't let the doctors brush it off or tell you no to the scans

The sitting pain sounds like it could be from a disc tear. Definitely do some research on that. I'd read a few articles by Dr. Michael N. Brown.

an ortho offered to cauterize nerves in my back.only a slight chance of paralysis.wtfork. afraid to take vicodin. oh it works but asking for it gets one labeled a pillhound. cannot smoke weed due to high blood pressure. cluster cluck

If it truly is a pinched nerve it will take affect on the first or second dose. You may try ice packs instead of hot packs,sometimes that will work better. I’ve had back problems for about 8 to 10 years now .The last 4 years were the worst. Finally had Cervical & Lumbar MRI’s in 2016. No wreck,fight,or fall.... simply 27 years of a surgery scrub. I have 5 bulging discs 2of which have herniated, Arthritis & osteoarthritis,degenerative joint & disc disease,spondylitis,spondyliosis,arthritic facet pressing on a nerve. All of the cervical mri showed arthritis and osteoarthritis. I don’t liketo take pain med,don’t wanna be a “druggy” so I tell my doctor give me something mild.I’m hurting ,pain scale at 10 or more! Dr put me on tramadol, & robaxin. Sometimes it worked ( the tramadol) not the robaxin. Been off about 6 weeks,back,shoulder,spinal column,neck tops of shoulder blades,hips,leg,knees &feet are getting worse. I totally understand where you’re coming from. I don’t want this life with constant pain, having to sit in a d—- house all day,I’m not used to that. I do not want the rest of my life like this

Ask if you can do Pilates. If so, try it. It creates space in your spine better than any other activity including normal physical therapy

So the directions say the initial dose is 3 pills (1,500mg) not just one. The maintenance dose is two. Maybe you didn't take enough? I've heard you maybe 'chasing' the pain so unless your doctor told you otherwise, try more?