I am 15 I use Benadryl to sleep and because of my allergies. But I forgot my bottle of it when I went to boarding school and now I have trouble sleeping. I used to take 3-4 tablets a day every day. I can’t sleep without it and I’m going crazy

yesterday i stupidly took about 10-15 benadryls, and at first i was tired then i began to freak out, i felt paranoid, i couldn't even walk, my eyes were super wide, i was super confused, and my vision was blurry. i went home and took a short nap, woke up, then fell back asleep for a couple more hours. after that i felt fine, but i did research and discovered i could have went into cardiac arrest or had a seizure or something. no one knows about this, and is there a possibility i could still die?

Y’all are all fine. You can take over 500mg of diphenhydramine at one time and it won’t kill you. It will make your stomach hurt the next day but all it will do is cause a “high”. When you have this “high” you have hallucinations (audio&visuals). You will also not sleep. Taking it at high doses like this can cause insomnia. Your body will feel very heavy, and it is hard to communicate with anyone. The most you can take without getting this high is around 200mg-250mg. Anything above this and you will get this high. I’ve taken 325mg at one time and had a lot of fun, but I didn’t know about the high until it happened. I knew 325mg wouldn’t kill me so I did a lot underneath the fatal dose.

Wow ok, I've been reading through alot of pages on diphenhydramine and I've been thinking I must be crazy but 100 in a 2 day period... I've been taking them for years, at first I started out with 25mg just 1 a night for sleep and it was amazing. I tend to get anxiety so I thought I might use them to kill the anxiety, it worked. As the days passed by, just one wouldn't put me asleep, after all I was use to taking one or two and doing things during daytime. I am now at the point where taking enough to put me to sleep sometimes is the maximum dosage for a 24 hour period which is 300mg, but the reason I take so much at one time is because throughout the day I periodically take some for allergies, anxiety, and sleep. But I'll warn anyone You do NOT want to just jump to taking over 100mg if you haven't been using them on a daily, and even still you shouldn't have to take as much as I am, I've been having alot of issues with my sinuses, breathing, eating, and anxiety and I believe that diphenhydramine is part of the cause. Im going to "wing" myself off these pink demons,at least down to I only need one or two. and if that dosnt work, I'll just go to my psych doc and get some real meds lol

Something else had to be going on with the health of your sister that had nothing to do with this controversy.

LOL! Bunch of m****s

You took a whole bottle. You're comparing that to someone who took twice the dose (whereas you took at least 15 times recommended dose).

Thanks for ffe entertainment

Good god the whole lot of the gravols won't for sure kill you but you'd be a vegetable

I rather be fkn dead who cares take all you want do wtf you want

Ah, Here here!

I miraculously survived an 8500mg diphenhydramine overdose. 170- 50mg gelcaps taken over 17 minutes. Passed out in a park, and was found 17 hours later with a core body temp of 88 degrees. Not worth it to end your life that way. Talk with someone before you follow my ill-conceived path!!!!!

seriously me too. I'm super worried about the long terms risks but I can't seem to manage without it

No that’s not “ODing,” it’s making you not feel good!

I have been taking 10 to 12 25 milligram tablets every night after work to relax, and on the weekends, some days, I will take 10 to 12 every 6 hours until I go to bed at night. I have yet to experience anything severely negative, sometimes i have trouble pulling a thought or remembering what I was doing when I take that much, but nothing to suggest it being fatal, and thats 250mgs to 300 mgs a day, and sometimes up to 900 mgs on Saturday and Sunday. I am also on 105mg of methadone daily;

OMG now I'm thinking my son may have done this on purpose to trip out, lol that's terribly sad yet funny hallucinations? I'd never would've thought that sounds like an untold story of the ER episode! Glad you found out before anything worse happened and you're still alive to tell your story.!