Woe is me! I am 68 years old with no private coverage. However since I live in Ontario Canada. My cortisone shots given by an orthopaedic surgeon in a hospital, were no charge. I did have to pay $2.50 for parking.

can you help me,im a 48 old poor boy painter

I had a fall from a horse and fortunately had insurance, which allowed me to go to the ER for Xrays, which showed no broken arm or ribs (to locations where the pain was initially). About 3 weeks later when riding I had pain in my mid-back which I'm sure was muscular. I wanted to get a cortisone injection or trigger point injection to help relax the tight muscles but at the pain clinic I made an appointment at in Wellington told me I would need to pay for a consultation, then get MRIs offsite, and then have another visit for the injection. So it would  cost me 2 co-pays of $65 plus 30% of the MRI, which would probably be around $500 to $1K or $150-300 my cost), plus any cost of the injection. I figured this would amount to around $500 total for the shot, and that's with insurance. I opted to have 2 therapeutic massages by a friend who's a licensed massage therapist, plus another therapeutic massage for $35 at a chiropratic clinic nearby and an adjustment by another a different licensed chiropractor I know of who charges just $20 and doesn't accept insurance. Total cost for my treatment choces (4 sessions of treatment, with 2 free) was $55. Still treating with alternating heating pad and cold but mostly resolved. Too bad a single corisone injection costs well over several hundred dollars. (See note by person in Ontario above.)

Cats don't tend to sue. Malpractice insurance is a b***h.

ON JANUARY 15, 2014 I HAD A CORTISONE INJECTION FOR A TRIGGER THUMB.  THE COST WAS $450.00.  I AM NOT SURE WHAT MEDICARE OR MY SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE PAID.

Hi - I live in UK and was very interested in your question - I rang around a few clinics and they quoted me £800 for the cortisone and £250 for the consultation - you cannot have one without the other (!). I have had cortisone before and it is very effective ; but as you see extremely expensive. I often wished I had studied medicine rather than engineering. In the event I decided to keep taking Paracetamol which is not so effective and it will probably do for my kidneys but then I don't want to be taken for a mug and I have not got so long to go anyway so what the hell. Thank your lucky stars your living in America and where the cost of the cortisone is relatively cheap..

Injections of corticosteroids run $215. PLUS office visit charges.

Omg, I didn't know people had that

i have nerve damage will that help if i have a cortisone injection

Unbelievable!!!! That any insurance company would pay nearly 100 times cost for a simple steroid injection!! I don't know how much you pay in insurance premiums--but based on the way they pay providers--->it must cost you a ton of money, or your insurer likes to lose money & was in the insurance biz for a number of years & never knew of any insurance company that likes losing money!!!!!

I had injections into my neck a month ago. I was told it would be $240 out of pocket. I just got the letter from my insurance company saying they received the claim from the surgery center for...get this...$54,000. I just about crapped my pants. WTH? I called the surgery center and they said it would be knocked down at least $20,000, yada, yada, yada. I still complained because I was told all I had to pay was the $240. She said to just wait and see what it all boils down to after the insurance takes care of it. Yeah, well, she's not the one who has to pay the bill. And I specifically called and asked before the procedure what CPT codes were going to be used and called the insurance company so I knew exactly how much I was going to have to pay. I feel like it was a total bait and switch. It's all B.S.

Where can i go to get a good price like that... i have a bad knee sprain and i have no insurance

I was raised in the country where medical care was free. I see the greed of people of people here, they believe that they should be milionares. On the pain and blood of fellow Americans. How the people here can put up with it? Ones open a door at doctors office and 300 dollars visit charge! Peoples blood should be boiling. In many European countries these would lead to revolutions.

In Slovakia, my sister pays about 24 Eur for knee injections which are produced in Austria, name of injection is Erectus J72736.
She goes for 2 or 3 shot in 2 or 3 weeks and pain is gone, she say for 6 months. Doctors here need to be regulated, greed in the blood and pain field in this country is unbelievable to me.

you sound full of bs, I believe that you are a part of medical establishment here trying to fool public