Because my husband had so strong pain in knee for a few months, he visited the doctor. He told him it is some kind of inflammation which requires to be treated. The doctor recommended to my husband cortisone injection. He doesn’t know what is that used for, such as I. the only thing we know it’s going to reduce inflammation, but we would like to know more about cortisone injections.

Cortisone is family of medicines called corticosteroids. Those are strong anti inflammatory drugs, used in many conditions. They can be taken by mouth or in variety of other ways. Injections or shots are one way, beside crams, and inhalers. Cortisone injections are used to reduce inflammation, swelling and pain. The most common are inflammations of bursa, joints, or tendons in a specific area of the body, such as knee, elbow or shoulder. Cortisone injections are able to help reducing the swelling. This will relieve the pain and discomfort and can speed up recovery from injury. Cortisone injection can also be give to reduce inflammation over the whole body. Example for this is allergic reaction a flare up of rheumatoid arthritis.