Hi all i am a 29 yr old I am booked in for an op but have to wait for a date I have been bleeding now for almost 6 moths I feel draind unwell and I am a mother of 5 can anyone give me a way to stop them just for a week or evern 2 days I going mad with it ;(

Hi Guest, have you spoken to your doctor about this? The contraceptive pill can be used to stop periods in most circumstances.

All the best

Yes and it caused me to bleed worse and ended up in hospital I see a gyno and booked in for an hystroymoy but have to wait for a place but want to see if anyone else has bleed this long or any way to stop it for a bit I going crazy have to stay home close to the loo just in case a bad flood

Really sorry to hear that. I hope you can get the hysterectomy asap. I have a friend that has similar periods but hers don't last 6 month but when she gets them she can't leave the house and needed to be hospitalised for anaemia. Probably not much help but how are your iron levels. sorry I've got no better advice. Thinking of you

Thanks huni and me too been 70 days wait so far and I have my iron checked 1 s a month and on iron tablets had 3 blood trasvions and seen 3 gynos in the past 5 yrs but they kept leaving town so when I was ment to have my op 4 yrs ago now I have a female one and after 2 vists said there no other option I have tryed every thing from the rod to the depo to the pill to the thing they put in side ya nothing has worked has stopped the bleeding for 6 days then bleed for 8 weeks and now stopped all meds due to been put In hospital for heavey bleeding and that was in jan and as of next moth 6 months I going crazy always feel unwell and no entry always sleepy no sex life and I only young and most of all it's hard to play with the kids :( but thank u huni think I hold a record for the longest person on a period lol