Hi. I'm 21 and have always had a tight foreskin. When flaccid when I retract it, you can visibly see the phimotic band tight around the shaft.

When I get a full erection, I can only get around a 20% retration. If I retract and get an erection, the frenulum feels like it's going to rip.

I've seen my urologist and he's recommended a full circumcision. I've thought about a frenuloplasty, but  would prefer to not have any form of surgery on my johnson as I don't want any scars and have heard about too my issues regarding loss and altered sensation.

Is it possible to have a normal sex life, without the foreskin retracting?

Yes, one can have a full sex life with a non-retractile foreskin. One can masturbate, have intercourse, father children and live a long life without ever retracting one's foreskin.

I agree with you about avoiding surgery, especially circumcision, which is a very destructive and harmful operation.

It sounds as though some stretching of the tight tip would cause it to widen and become easily retractable.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and let mitosis do its work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow.

Hi Leo, I have exactly the same problem as you and I've had it since I was a boy and know nothing else. I have had the operation you mentioned the flennoplasty and I can honestly say it didn't work and a full circumcision is needed :( however I have sex with my girlfriend on a regular basis and with the problems me and you encounter ejaculation is so hard during sex.