Okay just as a warning this may be a slight bit graphic

So I  have been using Nuva Ring for a few months with no problem and have used it in the past with no problem.  This last cycle of my ring I had an issue with getting my prescription on time and got my ring and put it in one week after my ring free week.  They told me it was okay to put in mid cycle.  During that week I did have unprotected sex with my boyfriend.  Anyways, I put in my ring went the three weeks with it in then took it out for my ring free week to have my period. (During this time I also had my wisdom teeth removed and was on an antibiotic that said my affect birth control and I did not use a backup method)  I took my ring out and as usual I started my period 3 days later.  I put in a tampon and then a couple hours later I started having cramps.  The cramps then intensified and I changed my tampon....no biggie right?  Then I started to have worse cramps where I was doubled over in pain and unable to get comfortable and they would come and go.  This went on for a couple hours and I went to go change my tampon again to find no blood on it. (I was also feeling so weak and completely covered in sweat beads and felt like my uterus was going to fall out with dry heaving before trying to change my tampon)  I then was like um okay cause i had blood earlier.  I put gloves on my hands and felt up inside (I dont know why I just had a feeling to) and when I felt inside I felt my cervix really low but with a big fleshy feeling thing stuck in it with it being very sore.  I got  scared and was like what do I do so I decided to pull it out.  It came out and it was a very large fleshy tissue piece like 2-3 inches and like 1 cm thick with blood and everything and I had a huge gush of blood that came after it.  The cramps got less intense.  Now its the next days and I'm still having larger clots now coming out but not large like the tissue piece.  My cramps are still coming and going  (Not constant) and I have made a doctors appointment because that is not normal for me.  I just wanted to know if anyone has had something similar to this happen to them and I will keep you posted on what my doctors say.  I didnt keep the tissue piece because when I pulled it out and seen it I got kind of freaked out and dropped it in the toilet, I probably should have to have my doctors send it away for testing but I didnt.  I also wanted to know if anyone has had issues with this and being on the nuva ring or if it could have possibly been a misscarriage?

Thank you.

i have been having that simular problem wit the ParaGard (IUD) and the bleeding has been everyday since....i had my baby in May & have not stopped bleedin tried 2 cycles of the depo shot to see if it would regulate but nothing so i got the  IUD in October & still the light flow then heavy flow.....still researching options

UnknowinglyScared wrote:

Thank you.

HI there, Im new on here and trying to find answers myself I have a similar problem apart from the fact that im not on birth control and have been trying to get pregnant for 3yrs now with no luck, I also managed to contain the tissue and I took it to the doctors the next morning for testing and Im still waiting for the results, I'll let you know, when the test come back. Its now been 12day and even though I stopped bleeding (oldish blood) over awk ago im still getting lower abdol pain. jodie

UnknowinglyScared wrote:

Thank you.

did you get an answer - i had this problem and have been googling and found this post ... i believe its part of my endometriosis - http://www.alternativesurgery.com/education/endometriosis/ check it out if you still dont have an answer - if you do have an answer let me know also - thanks

I just started Nuvaring a little over 3 weeks ago. I took the ring out on Tuesday and started my period early this morning. This evening, I passed 3 large tissue looking clumps and had terrible back pain and cramping. At first, I thought maybe I was having a miscarriage, but my husband has had a vasectomy. I have heard of failed one before though. It really freaked me out. I will post again if it happens to me anymore during this period. It is weird to me though because I am 34 and have two kids and nothing like THIS has ever happened to me beofer. I have had jelly-looking clots, but nothing like thicker dark red tissue being passed. I wonder since I just started Nuvaring and it had me insert the ring on the first day of my cycle, if it was the period that I skipped last month that was just stored in my body. I have felt really "full" feeling all month since I didn't have one.

JenMK4678 wrote:

i am on my second month of nuvaring and i started spotting and then the other night i had cramps all night that kept me awake. i got up in the morning and went to the bathroom and felt something fall out of me. I got a spoon and scooped it up and it freaked me out. It was like a big piece of chicken fat. I put it in a container and went to the drs on mon. She said she had never seen it before which didnt make me feel to comfortable. Of course me....is it cancer? oh god no she says. She has sent it to pathology so we will wait for those results.

same thing happened to me. when it happened to me it same out as a white rubbery chunk the size of a tampon covered in blood, i was crippled over in pain when it happened and spent rest of my day with excruciating cramps. talked to doctor: it is your entire uterus lining expelling in one giant chunk and usually occurs due to stress. look up images of expelled uteral lining on google. it will make you feel better to see this happens to other women (oh and same situation, i thought it was miscarriage but knew it couldn't be due to no sex) DON'T WORRY

The same thing happened to me after i had my first son. I got major cramps, and i never get cramps. Although with me it had been a year since i had my period, dont know why it took so long to get it, but ove always been birth control free. When i saw my doctor about it she said it was normal cause i hadnt been on my period for so long

Same exact thing happened to me , did you get the pathology results?

I'm glad I googled what just happened to me and came across this post. I've always suffered from dysmenorrhea- horribly painful cramps, fatigue, muscle aches, and heavy bleeding. I'm used to thick, "congealed" blood during my period. This was my first cycle on nuvaring, and like you I started mid cycle. I took it out when I started spotting three days ago and suspected I'd be having a really light, pain-free period now that I was using nuvaring. However, tonight, my typical overbearing cramps returned and I noticed a was bleeding heavily. Then, I had a brief stabbing pain in my pelvic region. I thought it was just cramps but when I changed my tampon shortly after, I passed a large piece of tissue- a solid piece of membrane/skin looking material that had veins and blood around the edges. I'm pretty sure it was uterine lining that had torn off and came out. I have never experiened anything like this during a period- and it's strange to find similar stories from people who are also relatively new to nuvaring.

I started nuva ring 2 months ago and didn't have a period in between because my doctor said it was fine not to have an off week. Well a couple days ago I took it out for good because it was breaking me out and I didn't really need to be on it as I'm not sexually active anyways I got my period today and I had severe cramping and then I passed a 4 inch clot that was so painful and I think I'm experiencing the same thing that you guys are weird that we're all new to NuvaRing

Same thing seems to be happening to me! I started the Nuvaring in mid Febuary. My Dr has me on a 28 day cycle, with no off week so I replace it the day I take it out. I put my third ring in last Tuesday. Yesterday I noticed some spotting, but assumed it was normal since I hadn't had a period. But last night I had cramps and bloating so mad I made a late night store run for Midol. I slept with my heating pad, and felt slightly better this morning. However a few hours later at work, I went to use the restroom, and felt something trying to pass. When I finally passed it, it was probably 3 inches long, very thick and covered in blood. I passed it in the restroom at work so had no way to contain it for a Dr. I'm concerned this Nuvaring is bad for me.

I am having this almost exact situation. Just started my second period since starting the nuvaring also.. What did you find out from your doctor? Thanks in advance for any information!

Yes I have gotten pregnant On nuva ring while I was fully protected n my pregnancy only made it 3. 1/2 months I was unaware I was pregnant I passed large clots in the tub after bleeding heavy for 11 days went to the doc and found out I was pregnant and there was no heartbeat all in the same day

Oh my god. I am so sorry. That is terrible. Iam officially done with the NuvaRing. I'm getting the depo tomorrow. Pray it's better than this bullsh*t. Again I'm so sorry for your loss , I can't imagine how hard that was.