Hi, folks. A friend of mine is diagnosed with cervical cancer. I know this is one of the most common cancers for women, so I would like to find out something more. What is the life expectancy for this type of cancer? I would really appreciate if you could help me with this. Thanks.

Hi, there. It all depends when cervical cancer is discovered. That is why it is important to visit a gynecologist regularly. When you have no symptoms, in that case cervical cancer can be discovered in its early stage. In that case a proper treatment can be done. Prognosis will be good in that way. On the other hand, life expectancy is worse if it is discovered when metastatic lesions appear. I am sorry I cannot give you more info. I hope your friend will be all right. Bye!

my wife too has cervical stage II-b. According to reports she has a 58% chance of survival. The next stage drops to 31 % and so forth. It is very painful and because of the location .... treatment options are somewhat limited. She can expect a cemo & radiation dual attack to try to eliminate the cancer. My wishes go with you and your friend. Cancer is something that I wouldn't wish bestowed on anyone. Steve