Hello, good people. My best friend’s mother is diagnosed with cancer. I couldn’t ask him for details since it is hard for him to talk about this. I would like to find out something more about the life expectancy for cancer patients. Can anyone tell me something more about this? Thank you in advance.

Hello. You should have been more precise in your post. You haven’t told us which cancer we are talking about. Even when we know which cancer someone suffers from, it is not enough for prognosis. Prognosis and life expectancy depends on several factors. Sex is important – some cancers have better prognosis for males, other for females. It is the same with age. The staging of cancer is one of the most important factors for determining life expectancy. If you find out some details, you can let us know. Bye!