I am looking for some guidance and support, as well as some information. My great aunt has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I am flying over to see her this weekend. I was very close to my great aunt while I was growing up, and she was like my second grandmother. She is already old, and I feel that she is not going to live for very much longer. What is the life expectancy for pancreatic cancer, if someone can tell me?

I am so sorry to hear about your great aunt! I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. I hate to say what you must already know; pancreatic cancer is a very serious cancer that does not have a very high survival rate at all. The average life expectancy for pancreatic cancer patients from the time of diagnosis is no more than five to seven months. Some do survive beyond that, of course, but please prepare yourself for this. All the best to you!