Hi, there. You haven’t mentioned the age of your brother. Bone cancers affect younger population in general. Some bone cancers like Ewing sarcoma affects kids between the age of 4 and 15. The most common bone cancer is osteosarcoma. It mostly affects knees and shoulders. If the tumor is primarily located in the bones, the prognosis can be good. 5 year survival rate can be about 68 % for Caucasian men. Caucasian women even have higher percentage – 73%. This percentage also depends on the stage of tumor. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hi, folks. My brother is diagnosed with bone cancer. This came as shock to us. No one expected something like this. I was hoping to find out something more about this tumor, so I came here. Can you tell me something more about the life expectancy for this type of tumor? I would appreciate it.

i was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in February 2009 (age 14), thought life was over for me but after spending 8 months in uclh hospital in london on methatrexate, dr rubison and sisplatin and a 6 week course of radiation i was fine, the time in hospital is not a problem i even went back to school and stayed in the same year and did well in gcse's, the problem was undergoing a proxinmal tibia and knee replacement, took me a year to walk off of crutches again but now a few years on things are fine so in essence, although i saw many people pass away from the same thing tyhere is a good chance of doing well, i would say the top 3 things are to drink caffine and energy drinks, keep possitive (as brain power is important) and keep your body topped up with nutrients, and also don't be with people that are contantly sympathetic after a while it just makes things worst