Hello, folks. My niece is diagnosed with hodgkin’s lymphoma. I am not sure what this disease is exactly. All I know is that this is a form of cancer that affects lymphatic tissue. Since I don’t know much, I will appreciate your help. What is the life expectancy in this case? Do you think that I am overreacting?

Well,

It is very unfortunate that your niece has this problem. Hodgkin’s lymphoma is very dangerous cancer and the treatment is not easy, like in all cancers. In what stage is her cancer? I think that in the first stage of the disease almost 90 % of patient survive. Now as the cancer progresses this number get lower and lower. But the good thing is that there is a treatment for this cancer and she has to start with the best treatment there is. Do you know anything more about her treatment right now?  Chemotherapy is usually used for the treatment of Hodgkin’s lymphoma. I hope this helped in any way.

All the best,

Nelie