Hi, I`m 36, having a problem with stomach ulcer. The pain in my upper abdomen is burning and lasts for some time. I know that this pain can be relieved with milk, food or rest, but still I can`t stand it! My doctor prescribed me Losec, and I would like to hear is there somebody who actually tried this medicine? I`m afraid it won`t work.

Hi, I have a gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and I use Losec. It`s a proton pump inhibitor which blocks excess stomach acid production. This way, it allows the eroded lining of the stomach (or oesophagus, in my case) to heal. But, Losec also gave me a stomach pain and dry mouth. So, for your information, side effect of Losec, rarely, but can be headache, rash depression, blurred vision, muscle pain... (and stomach pain and dry mouth, as in my case). But Losec actually helped with my problem. And if you doctor prescribed it for you, you should give it a try?