Hello, folks. I have a constant problem with heartburn. I was even diagnosed gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD). I cannot stand medications, but I would like to try with herbal remedies. Can anyone tell me something about licorice root? I would be very grateful for that. Thank you for all your replies. Bye!

Hello. Licorice root is recommended for many diseases and conditions. I haven’t tried it myself. On the other hand, my neighbor has positive experience with it. He suffers from heartburn, although he hasn’t been diagnosed GERD yet. I am not sure why you are against medications. It is better to swallow the pill that will decrease your stomach acid secretion that this acid to burn your stomach. I hope you will see I am right. Please, let me know your experiences with licorice if you try it.

NO, it is not better to "swallow the pill" if that pill is a Proton Pump Inhibitor. Your body needs the acids that those PPI's reduce and without those acids, serious ailments can ensue. I've been using DGL for almost a year- I immediately threw out the PPI I had been on when I learned how dangerous it was- and most of my symptoms have disappeared. When I feel some discomfort, chewing on a tablet is enough for instant relief.