I have heard that prilesec can work very fast in reducing heartburn symptoms. As I am not serious sufferer, but occasionally have heartburn, how long would it take for its effect to expose? Can it prevent gastric ulcers when used because of mild symptoms, as mine are? Please post if you tried prilesec. Do you think that delayed release form is better than conventional?

I have had problems with frequent heartburn. I can recommend you to try prilosec, because it has always helped me. I used to take delayed release 20 mg tablet before meal, once a day, and within 5 days, I was completely cured from heartburn. Prilosec should be used for 14 days for the full effect, but it is not uncommon that patients get complete relief after 2-3 days. Prilosec is proton pump inhibitor, so it works by decreasing production of stomach acid. This effect is protective on gastric mucosa, and kind of prevention of its damage and ulcer.