I have a pain in my left ab under the rib cage and a feeling like I'm going to get sick but I never do. It's like a sicky feeling in my mouth. I'm also constipated on and off.

Any ideas?

Hi! I found that pain under the left rib cage can arise from any organ in the left upper abdomen or chest, spine, or the left ribs themselves. In otherwise healthy people, spleen irritation and gas built in the colon are main causes of pain under the lower left ribs. Pain can be also psychological, for example from neurotic heart, but physical causes have to be excluded first. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply.

I went to the doctor and he told me I have a pre-ulcer.

Oh, I hope you're going to be OK. So what treatment did your doctor prescribed? My friend recently had ulcer surgery (in August), it was really bad. %-)

Well it's a pre-ulcer so it's not as bad as an ulcer. I'm on Losec Mups Omeprazole 40mg one a day

Thanks for your concern