I was on the depo shot since February of this year and decided to stop using it cause my boyfriend and I wanted to have a baby. My last shot was due August 8 and I didn't get it. But lately my body has been acting weird. Last week I was spotting light pink to brownish discharge for about 3 days and was cramping all that week. I was expecting a period since I've been off the shot for two months now. I took a pregnancy test but it came up negative so I'm not sure. Maybe I should wait later to test again if I haven't gotten my period.

hi snwilson, I have been doing a lot of research on Depo-Provera lately, for the simple reason that there are so many questions about it on here, there seem to be a lot on the menstrual cycle after stopping, and weight gain. So, heres what I know about Depo, it has a half life of 50 days, incase you don't know what that means, (half life of a drug is how long it takes for a drug to lose half it's strength) It takes about four, yes 4, half lives after one injection of Depo to be undetectable in your body. It reaches it's peak concentration in the blood 30 days after injection and drops from there. So, that being said, if you start to have a period a few months after stopping this shot, consider yourself lucky, most women are not regular again for a year or more, some even 18 months to 2 years, (that's not to say you won't menstruate, just that it could be sporadic, heavy one time and spotty another time, with months of nothing in between. If you talked to your doctor about wanting a baby, he/she should have made it very clear that you should be off the shot for a year to 18 months before trying to conceive, and recommended that you use another form of birth control...ie, condoms, until your body rid itself of this drug. I hope you have an easy time of this, there are many accounts out there of the problems associated with using and stopping this birth control. I hope this was informative & helpful. Good luck to you!