Hi i dont really know how this thing works but i need help&& im hoping that maybe you would know the answer to my questions .. Im on Depo provera birth control so me and my boyfreind have unprotected sex for the past week ive been feeling sick, i got sick two different times at work and threw up both times after gettin really hot and sweaty . I took a pregnancy test and one said i was ( kind of ) the line that shows up if your preg. was kind of faint but deff. visible!! .. I got another test to make sure and that one said not pregnant. Can the Depo shot effect these results ?

8-| i have been on depo for about six months now and i haver gotton really sick and have thought ive needed a preagnancy test what do i do?

I have been on Depo for about 9 months now, I was supposed to get my depo shot in August and I totally fotgot to get it-not intentionally. just a very bad procrastinator (befoe I get any lectures, I do know that birth control is very importabt to me and my boyfriend- we have been togehter for 17 an a 1/2 years!- not that we made love too much too much lately he has been sick, Anyway, can you get pregnant if you only stopped for a month? I do feel kind of pregnant, I have had two chilren before and I have been starting to feel queezy. Can you get prenany while taking deo or frget a shot. Thank you!
me

im on depo and i know that it can make you have some signs of being pregnant. i was wondering if i took an at home pregnancy test if it will say pos. because of the depo or pos if i realy am pregnant. if anyone has an answer to my question that would be awsome.
chris

chriss wrote:

chris

my doctor told me all tests go positive after a few hrs even if ur not u can only take a result from 10 mins of doing it after this u have to thrown it away as it can change to showing a wrong answer

I used to be on the depo shot...I started getting it in 2005, then I decided to go off it because I gained weight and i'm already on blood pressure medicine, i've been off it now since August of 2006, I still haven't had a period and for some reason I never bruised while I was on it and I just recently started bruising again, and I just had sex for the first time the other day and I always freak out if i'm pregnant or not because we did that whole mutual masturbating thing (I think thats the proper way to say it) he didn't cum but after that I wiped my hand off pretty good but then I touched myself. I know it is probably ridiculous to think I would be pregnant but it still worries me. While I was on the shot I never got sick from it I had loss in appetite then i'd get really hungry, sometimes when I got overheated or too cold I'd throw up a little bit, other than that I was fine. My mom always used to miss getting her shot and she never got pregnant. My mom thinks I always "feel" pregnant because I work myself up about it. Cause she said when she got pregnant with me and my brother both times she knew as soon as she was done having sex. I didn't get that feeling. I guess the only way to really know for sure is to take a test or go to the doctors. Goodluck ladies. :)

i been trying to get pregnant and it doesn't seem to be happening how long does it really take for depo to wear off

okay im on the depo shot right and me and boyfriend had sex about a week ago and it was unprotected and im due for my next depo shot next week could i be pregnant :$

Helloo
i have just been feeling sick lately, i have been on depo provera for 4 years now, may i ask should i go on a break from depo provera or can i get pregnant?Code:

there is a possiblitiy that you can get pregnant if you miss your monthly shot

Okay guys, if your on Depo-Vera your NOT pregnant! There is a slight chance you could be if you miss a shot and don't go get it til MONTHS later. But if its just a few weeks your fine.

Depo is 99.7 effective and is one of the best b-controls out there. I too am on it.

Me and my bf have unprotected sex around 3 times a week. But then, I dont know why you call it "unprotected" when your ON b-control. And besides condoms are only 85% effective. Pulling out is more effective then that. That IS protected. Just for an extra percaution I make my boyfriend pull out every time. So that tiny tiny .03 chance of getting pregnant is virtually 0.

Those are common side affects for depo, and you wouldn't notice pregnancy symptoms in a week either. It would take atleast 5 weeks to notice anything.

With depo, it tricks your body into thinking you already are pregnant, and you can't get pregnant while your pregnant right? thats why.

Depo is the worst b-control for side affects and irregular bleeding. It's so bad actually, it was in the blacl label. Sometimes you wont get your period for a year, others you will be bleeding for MONTHS straight everyone is different.

I however have been bleeding (spotting, breakthrough etc) for nearly 3 months now. I've had horrible mood swings. I've been happy one minute, and sad and depressed and aloof with my bf the other. I always snap back though. But sometimes I also get stressed bad, irrational worries, and heart palpatations and bad anxiety.

I'm not getting off Depo because of this. I've been on it since last November and its very effective. When I 1st took it I didnt have my period for nearly 5 months, now I've been bleeding like crazy. Altho even b4 b-control it was normal to not have a period for 2-4 months for me. I'm EXTREMLY irregular anyways.

But I couldnt remeber to take a pill everyday or insert a ring myself, so I'm staying on depo. I go for my 3rd shot next tues.,

hello my name is chocolate i've been on the shot for 3 and a half years i recently just got off. i dont want to become pregnant yet will it take a while to wear off. o.O o.O

Just to get a few facts straight.
you have a very slim chance of getting pregnant while on depo provera, the stats are around 3 in 1000 so out of 1000 people on depo provera 3 will get pregnant in a year,

Secondly you are more likely to get pregnant on depo provera if you have unprotected sex within 10 days of your first shot, or if your shots are late, However for late shots the longer you have been using the birth control the less likely to get pregnant from a shot being a few weeks late, this is because the hormone takes time to wear off, Allthough if you know your shots are late you should use a condom and not have the depo shot untill you have had blood tests to confirm you most definatly not pregnant, as taking depo while allready pregnant can cause complications,

The depo shots have side effects which are very similar to pregnancy,
sickness, weight gain, sore breats, no periods, and a few others thats why the very small amount of people who are on the depo who get pregnant dont find out untill the feel the fetal movement's.

so anyone who thinks they are pregnant just because you had sex if your first shot was more than 11days before and subsequent shots have been on time the chances of you being pregnant are very slim,

Hope this helps a few people.
Rachael

Just to get a few facts straight.

Hope this helps a few people.
Rachael

ok i'm going to be starting to go on the depo shot in nov because my parents found out that i was having sex.. so i was wondering what are the symptoms and what i should be worried about?