well ive been on the depo shot for a year ive decided to get off of it because i gained so much weight plus it stopped my period,regularly i would get my period for 3-4 days after i got off my period i had sex,2 days after w/ my boyfriend then 3 days later i started bleeding a little bit for 5-6 hours then stopped then 1-2 days later i started my period but i got it for 5-6 days while i was on my period i also had sex(it was always unprotected sex)but a few days before i missed my appointment ive been getting period backaches aweek or 2 before i even started my period now i dont have pains or blood its just brown mucus and a little bit of discharge am i pregnant its been 1 week almost 2....

Nobody had the same problem as me so i thought i'd post this. Im 15, me and my girlfriend always had unprotected sex and i pulled out. She never missed her period and we had intercourse a lot. Well we almost went out for a year and i saw her with another guy. I'm positive they did not do anything sexual, they just kissed, but, i broke up with her. We had sex a few times after that. She told me she missed her period and was scared. She took a pregnancy test, (CVS brand) and said it came out positive but I did not see it. I don't think she would lie about something liek that but she said she loved me very much and she is VERY DESPERATE to go back out so I can picture her doing something like this, anyway, a few days after we were having intercourse and out of no where a little blood went on the condom (I brought one just in case) we stopped having intercourse to check it out. She said the blood was darker then usual. She just got her first period at the beginning of this year. She told me they started to be regular but i wasn't sure. Everytime I tell her to come here and take a pregnancy test she comes but never takes it and makes up an excuse (no ride/money etc). I want to know if shes lying so if it is I can leave her for good and I am going to have her took it soon but I was wondering if that could mean pregnancy. I know my body very well and know when too pull out and nothing like this happened in the 6 months we had intercourse while dating. Please help! P.S She hasn't really been having symptons, she said she was nauseas a few times to me but she never had Unbearable pains/Tender Breasts.

Well for one, you should either always use a condom, or dont have sex. For two, if she is really acting scared, concerned....I think she isnt pregnant. Mention it in front of a group of friends, or her parents. If she wont come over and take a test with you, then I think shes just trying to get attention. Just stop bringing it up to her, act like nothing happened, and in 4-6 months see if shes showing, or by then she will prob. have found something new to talk about and forgot she was "pregnant". In like a couple weeks, ask a good (female) friend of yours to ask her for a tampon or pad, and see if she gives her one or what she says. All are clues that shes just trying to get attention. If you really dont want to wait, tell her parents, your parents, a nurse at school, a good teacher. They will get her to test and that will tell you for sure! Hope I helped ;-)

I just noticed your message was posted in 2007....well hope all went well:)

Guest wrote:

GET OFF THAT SHOT........IT WAS THE WORST THING I HAVE EVER DONE TO MY BODY ... I HAD A MISCARIAGE , BY NOT KNOWING I WAS PREGNANT AND HAVE HAD THE WORST FEMALE PROBLEMS AFTER THE SHOT...... I WAS ON IT FOR 1 1\2 AND 10 YEARS LATER I AM STILL HAVING PROBLEMS !!!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM DEPO PROVERA ........ITS PACKAGED AS GOOD..BUT IS PURE EVIL......

:twisted: i am so pissed i thought i was helping my daughter by puttin her on the depo and it take one or two days to stop workin if she late taking it they need to discontinue that bs. :twisted:

anonymous wrote:

(im not pregnant but with the period part im in the same boat with you .

I took the shot once i didnt like the results it made me bleed instead of stopping my period so i didnt get the next one and i hunt had a period in a month and a half i did hue sex durring this time could i b prego?

I've had the same problem, I had my first shot of depo in December/ 5 months ago, and haven't stopped bleeding since. My doctor kept telling me to just come back in when i stop bleeding, but i never did, so i didn't go in for the next shot since 5 months of pms, and bleeding were enough to ward me away from that drug. When i reached about the 4 month mark i had unprotected sex, twice, since i didn't think i could get pregnant. Now, i don't know if i am or not.

Hi I missed the depo injection 9days ago, started bleeding a tiny bit, hungry all the time, some food I can't eat because it would taste off could mis mean itcould be a sign of being pregnant plus got really bad cramp/pain in tummy helllllppp!!!

you people seriously need to stop.....I mean I can tell from the spelling you all are probably 12 or 15 which is very very sad if you ask me. I'm 19 years old, going on 20 I've been on the Depo for a year now, yes you will bleed constantly, or you might not bleed at all. Stop being babies about it, everyone responds differently to the medicine. Also, just because you took it once and didn't stop bleeding, means that something is wrong with you, you HAVE to KEEP taking it for your body to work out the medicine and your system to adjust to everything. In all honesty I think it is the best Birth Control for me, one because I'm not very good at keep schedule for pills, and two, its just one shot every three months. Also if you miss a shot, you have a two week window before you need to start flipping out about being pregnant. I had a cycle that lasted five months, you know what I did....I just waited through it. So what you bleed for five months, yes it can be annoying, but in the long run I think about how I don't have to worry about getting pregnant or not. So stop your complaining...all of you. Geesh.

HI i am 19 aswell and can tell you something its the most horrendous thing to be bleeding for that lenght of time trust me you were bleeding for 5 little months try 2 year and yes they might be 15 16 year of age but as an adult you must understand how scared that can be it might be their first time on the depo and i was scared when i started to bleed aswell and you being 19 years of age think you should think before you type any stupid thing like that some teenage girls have no choice but to go on the depo it doesnt work for every girl and yes most people do worrie about bleeding and sorry to say but you would have went to your GP as its not healthy to bleed for a really long time as it can cause problems yes depo might be right for you but it can cause some woman like me unable to have children cause of the bleeding so yes girls if you are worried about bleeding on the depo go right to you GP do not hesitate to and if you think your pregnant cause most girls that are aged between 15 & 18 might not know that the depo makes your body thing you are already pregnant so dont worrie about but if your mind isnt at ease then take a test

As a 19 yr old u should be more understanding and less judgmental they're asking for advice and all u doing is judging that's why they young kids don't know anything now because instead of adults talking about their judging and that's sad if ur kids can't come to u about advice...to eat ur word becuz this was once u or can be ur kid in the future!!!

I have been on depo for most of 12 years. I love it! I have never gained weight and after multiple birth controls previously failing the depo is the only one I bave been pregnant on. And I have two healthy beautiful girls. It's not the devil, but some women redact differently to different types of hormones. And 10 years later is impossible unless the Depo actually changed and altered her DNS strand. So don't get hyped over nothing.

actually its not there fault there doctors didnt give a full explanation of depo

You are too young your self your still a teenager! You have no idea what you ate talking about.