I am in the middle of looking into various immunisations. If I am right, hib and Men C are the first two immunisations that are normally given to newborns in the hospital, right after they are born? I am interested in hearing from experts on this topic what side effects can be expected from these two immunisations.

Hi there! Well I'm not an expert but I did a small research and I found that vey common reactions of the Hib/MenC are: pain, redness or swelling at the site of the injection, fever (temperature of 38°C or above), irritability, loss of appetite, sleepiness. There happen to be some uncommon side effects like: crying, diarrhea, being sick, feeling generally unwell, fever of 39.5°C or above. A skin rash is a rare side effect. Severe allergic reactions can also happen with any vaccine, but they are extremely rare. I hope you'll find these informations useful.