Our kid is three months old and has just received her first DPT vaccine. I know that this vaccine will prevent really serious conditions, but I cannot help thinking about all those possible neurological disorders that might occur after the vaccination (autism, encephalopathy and other). Is that really possible? What are the risks?

I guess there are some cases but those could never been connected to the vaccine and even though there might, I repeat might be some risk, still all parents take their kids for vaccination. I assume this is because the risk of getting affected by conditions that vaccine prevents is much higher than getting affected by those mentioned neurological disorder (if there is any risk of that).

Hi there,
This is a combination vaccines against three infectious diseases in humans: diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus. The fact is that all newborns should receive this because it will prevent many possible complications later in life. However everything has a side effect and the possibility for things to go wrong. Now you have to understand that this is very safe and the possibility for your child to get neurological problems from vaccine are very low. You can always consult your doctor about this and about every change that you notice in your child. You should not worry too much about this because these things are very safe. I hope this eased your mind a bit.

Best wishes,
Marco