Hey everybody. My puppy has just received his first vaccine and he took it like a man :D . The vet told me that these core vaccines are usually taken easy by dogs, but it can be slightly different with rabies vaccine. He told me that this vaccine has some side effects, but he didn’t specify which side effects and now I’m curious, I want to be prepared. So I’m here to ask you, are you familiar with any side effects of rabies vaccine in dogs? Is it something that I should be afraid of? I’m guessing not, but I want you to say it to me so I can be calm. :D

Hey everybody,

Side effects of rabies vaccine can be pretty nasty, it all depends on the dog, his immune system and stuff.

In the first three days after receiving the shot your dog can vomit a lot, he could have fever, he could be losing his conscious and he could even die. Not kidding.

In the following year, he could get cancer at the injection site.

He could get Epilepsy. Also allergies, a big number of different skin diseases.

It kind of makes you to wonder if the rabies vaccine does more bad than good.

Anyway, it is required by the law so you don’t have the option to skip it.

Hey guys,
To be honest with you, I have a German Spitz and I didn’t give her a rabies shot. I know that it is required by the law but I really don’t care. I’m not going to risk my dog’s life because of a stupid law. The rabies shot vaccine does more bad than good. It could literally kill your dog. Your dog can have side effects for the rest of his life. Your dog can get kidney failure, swollen lymph nodes, tumor at the place where he received the vaccine. They almost always have fever, vomiting and diarrhea as side effects. I would suggest to every dog owner not to give this shot to their dogs.

Hello. It depends. You have to be in touch with your vet all the time. The rabies vaccines can be really bad for some dogs. It can happen immediately or three days after the shot. The side effects are: vomiting, facial swelling, fever, lethargy, circulation shock and loss of consciousness. In some cases – death. I don’t know anyone who lost his dog because of it, but you need to know your dog’s immune system very good to risk. When you notice any reaction that you believe might be linked to this shoot, visit your vet. I know that a lot of owners avoid this vaccine .

Hey.

Look, my friend’s dog had some serious side effects after rabies vaccine. She noticed this on the third day after her dog received this shot.

Symptoms – fever and diarrhea.

Look, the rabies virus is dead when injected into your pet. In rare case it can lead to anaphylaxis, which can lead to shock and cardiac failure.

Of course not all side effect occur immediately.

Did you know that can take up to a few months for your dog to have a reaction to this vaccination?

It can be simple allergic reaction or just some skin disease, but it can be serious. It is very important to observe your dog’s behavior after this vaccination.

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

Guest, I need to thank you a lot for your post. My dog was scheduled to receive his rabies vaccine on the next Wednesday and now I’m not going to do it. I read your post and then I did a little research and it turns out that you are totally right. This vaccine can actually kill your dog. It’s a 100% chance that your dog is going to feel bad after this vaccine, the question is how far will this go. It can end with a tumor, skin diseases, bladder infection and even kidney failure. And the chances that your dog is ever going to really need this vaccine are small, very small.

Hey.

I have confession to make.

My Boo never received rabies vaccine. I told my current vet that he received it while my boyfriend was taking him to another vet.

I don’t know is this a mistake because I lied to him?

The truth is that I don’t trust those vaccines. 

My friend’s dog had all of those side – effects and it was very traumatic experience for my friend and her dog as well.

I am scared and I know that a lot of people avoid rabies vaccine in dogs.

I am not sure about this but I can see that maybe I didn’t make a mistake…

Or?

Hey everyone,

DS, I think that you are right about this one. I know a lot of people who choose not to give rabies shot to their pets. I know a vet who is against it (secretly because of the law), too. I know that it is dangerous if your dog gets this disease, but he basically never gets in touch with anything that could cause it.

I’d suggest too that you don’t give this shot to your dog. It can be pretty bad, it will definitely be bad, it just depends how bad it will get. You don’t want your pet to die or get some untreatable disease because of a shot that he doesn’t really need.