Hi, I haven’t seen my father for a long time, and I recently found out that he has a spinocerebellar ataxia. I am so sad that I wasn’t there for him, and I am willing to learn everything about this condition to make it easier for him. For a start, I would like to learn something about spinocerebellar ataxia from someone who suffers from it. Is there anyone willing to tell me something about this condition? Thanks!

Hello, of course I will share my experiences with you. It is a nice thing that you’re doing for your father. I was diagnosed with spinocerebellar ataxia eight years ago. This condition is a slowly progressive incoordination of hands, speech and eye movements. In my case the gain is incoordinated too. I have a degeneration of the spinal cord and the cerebellum, the small mass behind the brain stem. I lost most of my movement abilities, and this message is typed by my daughters hands. It tells you enough. Fortunately, I retained my mental health. That is probably the most important thing anyway.

Hi:

My son is 23 years old and also has spinocerebellar atrophy. It's been a tough go for all. I would love to talk to you about this condition. I have been searching for answers for years and coming up with absolutely nothing. More than anything, I would like to know what medications you are on. Can you please write back to this board if you get the message and I will give you my email address? Thanks so much!

hi i have a friend that has a spimocerebellar ataxia..can you please help me about this disease..