For the past six months I have been experiencing a continual condition of extremely dry, cracked patches at the exact center of the palms of both hands. Prior to the start of this condition six months ago, there had been no problems of this type other than on the outside of the hands during the winter months. I am a 48 year old male in good health and have held the same job and job conditions for the past 25 years so my environment has not changed. I have tried many OTC cream products with no positive effects. I work with my hands and am becoming desperate for help in finding a solution. Thank you!

I have had the same problems for several years and it took me a long time to arrive at the cause. It maybe an unusual presentation of shingles. If you have ever had the herpes virus you could have the same problem. It is somewhat rare for this to happen but acyclovir worked great for me. It came back a couple of times but the treatment worked for me.

Hi there,

I use a product called Nourishing Hand Creme and I top it off with another product called baby barrier balm..i know that sounds silly, but the barrier balm acutally has healing properties in it, thats why I top it off with that. Private message me and I can give you tell you where to find it :-)

I have had the same thing happen, thanks for the help!!

I think the problem you all are discussing is similar to that of my father. He also has developed very hard cracks in his palms & it pauns a lot especially during summer. He has consulted almost all skin specialists in the area but no success. Can anyone please tell me any medication for the same.

Hydrophilic ointment really helps. But the problem persists.