Hi, I have a failure of muscle control in my arms, and a lack of balance and coordination. A doctor told me that I suffer from Spinocerebellar Degeneration. What are the prognosis for this disorder?

I have Spinocerebellar Degeneration too. It is actually a term that describes changes that have taken place in a person’s nervous system. It can have many causes, but things that worsen it are alcohol, cigarettes, metabolic disorders, and vitamin deficiencies. I have difficulties in controlling arms and legs movements, and sometimes I feel imbalanced. I had the first symptom when I was 15 years old, and five years later, I am still coping with it. Spinocerebellar Degeneration is slow and progressive disorder, and I don’t think I will be better soon. It is often called ataxia, because this term refers to coordination problems. I don’t think there is cure for Spinocerebellar Degeneration, the only thing we can do is find and treat the underlying cause.