I am so afraid for my child. He is 16 years old and we have just returned from the doctor. He had these sudden, uncontrollable and uncoordinated movements that repeated from time to time in last two weeks. We thought that it will pass until he started having walking problems. We took him t o a doctor and the diagnose was cerebellar ataxia. Now, the only thing we are discussing is Cerebellar ataxia treatment. Doctor said that therapy would have success. Is that true?

To answer you right away, yes. In very rare cases, cerebellar ataxia leaves some unwanted effects. This condition also might effect eye movements and speech patterns. Still, therapy will help (including physical treatment). It even might pass on its own, after couple of weeks or months. So do not worry, your son will be just fine.

I have ataxia after years it's almost not visible, but I have question Is there any good medicine for cerebellum to make it stronger ?