What are the other drugs that belong to same group with acophex? Do they have same side effects? I wasn’t satisfied with acophex, because of nausea and sometimes vomiting occurred during usage, so I discontinued with it. Are these side effects common? I have heartburn and need to treat it, but I still haven’t found proper medication.

The other drugs that belong to this class are lansoprazole, pantoprazole, omeprazole and esomeprazole. They are all inhibitors of proton pump in stomach that decrease amount of stomach acid. You can try with histamine blockers or antacids. I used aciphex and it also caused me headache, nausea, vomiting and dizziness, but that stopped after discontinued therapy. Aciphex helped me heal stomach ulcer. It’s very good drug and these side effects are normal in therapeutic doses.