hello iam a 26 year old female who had a gallbadder removed more than ayear ago. 2 months ago i develped GERD im taking prevacaid for it now, but for the past week i started having very severe and uncomfortable pain under my right side lower rib cage. when i press on the rib it hurts like hell and the pain goes to my lower and mid back as well
not sure what is going on it feels like muscle pain, i have not lifted anything heavy, or had any injury to my ribs its just that right side that hurts please can anyone help me ??? :cry: :o

I also had my gallbladder removed after 5 years ago. Lately I had pressure and occassional pain under my right rib cage. After searching the internet, I decided to try the olive oil and lemon juice flush as described by the following web site:
http://www.relfe.com/gall_stone_cleanse.html

I mixed 600 ml olive oil, 300 ml fresh lemon juice, 50 ml cranberry juice and 10 ml honey and blend it to be something like a milk shake. I drank about 150 ml every 15 minutes in the evening, until I finished them all. By 2:30 am I was not comfortable, and I ate a pear, I vomited whatever was left in my stomach. Fortunately sufficient oil/juice had gone throught my system. The next day I passed out many gall stones. I felt so much better and the pressure and pain were gone!

I must thank the author of the above web site and I will try cleansing my plumbing at least once every year from now on.

Have you had any help with it yet?

Wow someone has the exact same pain that I get. Believe it or not I also have GERD and take Nexium for it. I also though had the pain in my right side right below my rib cage. I was told it was constipation, but the funny thing is I was taking Nexium for GERD a few months back and I was getting the pain. I stopped taking Nexium because my GERD had goten better but at the same time I was drinking a lot of Metamucil to help with constipation still thinking the pain was from constipation. The pain stopped. Recently my GERD acted up again so I started taking the NEXIUM again. For three days of taking the Nexium, 2 days I developed this incredible rib pain again, Coincidence, maybe not. I am definately not constipated anymore but yet as soon as I started the Nexium again for GERD suddenly the pain comes back. So I will now stay off the NEXIUM for the next week or so to see if suddenly No More Pain, then if so I believe it must be a reaction to the drug.

It could just be a pulled muscle. You could of slept funny. or moved funny. It can be very painful and last a month or two. atleast mine did