I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and my OCD has been getting worse. Slowly, I am starting to accept the fact that I might need medication to help control my OCD. No matter how hard I work, it is not in my power to deal with this alone. I have heard that paroxetine is a common drug for OCD. What are the side effects?

Feelings of weakness, fatigue and a dry mouth are common side effects of paroxetine, but there are also a few very serious side effects that affect very few patients on paroxetine. You will agree on the right medication for you together with your doctor, who has the experience and education to be able to tell you what medications are likely to work for you. If a particular medication does not work for you or has too many side effects, you can always move onto to a different medication.