Hey... I am a little concerned because i have been on aviane for 6 months now and this is the first time i have gotten my period before time.. meaning my "period week"!... I called my doctor and told her but she just told me to keep on taking my period like usual and if it happens again next month to call her... But the reason im concerned is this.. Since i got my period before my "period week" when i suppost to be taking sugar pill.. Can i get pregnant on my "period week" since im only gonna be taking sugar pills? Im so confused i dont even know why i got it before time!.. Please help.

This happened to me too and I would like to know the answer. Can someone please reply? I am really concerned since my wedding is in March 24th and I want to make sure this will not interfere with my honeymoon schedule...help.... %-)

Jessica

i have been taking aviane for about 2 weeks and my period also started before my period week. my doctor says it is okay and i should continue taking the pill as usual.

This is happening to me too--i got my period last week and am taking sugar pills this week. THis is my third cycle on Aviane. It's comforting that this seems common--though unsettling that this happens!

I have been taking Avian for a year and a half now. Each and every month I start my period during week 2 or 3; not during the final week. I continue to take the pills in order as though I had never gotten pregnant. And as far as efficacy goes, I am a happily married and non-pregnant woman.

Hi I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who gets their period one week early. I used to be on Alesse but switched to Aviane because my drug plan only covered generic drugs. I have gotten my period one week early twice so far which is kind of annoying because it lasts for two weeks but its also really light. My mood swings haven't been so bad but sometimes I have trouble sleeping.

hi ive been on the pill for a year and a half and last month it was so light it was hardly there then it went away before it was suppose to end and this month so for i havent got it at all and i have already finished my pills and i am really scared that i might be pregnant

If I skip the sugar pills will I skip my period ? This is my first month taking the birth control.

i hate aviane pill they gave it to me by mistake. I got my period after i finished taking the first week of pill and now that i have 2 days left of the pill my period stopped. I have been depressed the whole 3 weeks.
I am going back to Triquilar

I had the exact same problem for a number of months, although it should be noted that I never got pregnant despite frequent unprotected sex with my bf so I guess it was still working. I am switching to a pill with slightly higher hormone doses to see if that fixes the problem. I used to be on Alesse before my health coverage started only covering the generic (Aviane) and i NEVER had this problem, even when I skipped my period by taking active pills continuously.
To the person who asked about skipping the sugar pills, I tried it on Aviane and it never worked, so I wouldn't count on it.