I am using Aviane for a long time already. I am really satisfied, not just that I didn’t get pregnant, but I feel good. And one more important thing, I feel sure while I am taking Aviane. What I want to know is what might happen if I skip period taking it? I don’t feel like I need that, but just I am curious to know what might happen.

Aviane is effective as oral contraceptives, birth control pills, or just “the pill”. There is combined natural or synthetic estrogens and progestin, similar to the natural sex hormones. You didn’t specify what you mean with that skip period, so I can’t be exactly sure. You might think about skipping period as dose or two, for example if you forget to take it few days. Also it’s possible to skip period if you want to rest your body and stop using it for a while. Mostly, those cases require your health care professional instructions. It’s different treating if you take 21, 28 or 91 day schedule. Probably you will get advice to take double dose and continue with taking as you did it before. You must know its high risk of possible pregnancy if you didn’t take it as it’s prescribed. And if you mean skip period like month or few, also you should inform your health care provider about that. That is easy to stop using it, but off course you will not be protected of pregnancy after doses expired.

So if I skip my last week of pills(green) and just start with the orange pills I will skip for at least tht month?