Hi everybody! I started my first Aviane pill four days ago. I was so excited, I took it that night at 8:30. Lastnight I forgot about it, but eventually remembered took it at about 11:30pm. I think it was a bad choice to begin taking Aviane at 8:30pm and feel that 11-11:30 would fit into my schedule easier, seeing as I will remember to take it right before I go to bed.

My first question is approximately how exact do I have to be when taking the pill everyday as far as what time (e.g. within a few minutes, half hour, a few hours)?

Secondly I was wondering if it would be safe for me to continue taking it around 11pm even though I orignally started at 8:30pm without risking pregnancy? (I haven't started having unprotected sex yet because my doctor recommended the aviane isn't fully effective until after my first period while on the pill)

Lastly, after my first month on Aviane, is it safe to have unprotected sex at any time of the month, or are there specific times throughout the month I should use protection?

I know I may seem paranoid, but I am a newcome to the pill and pregnancy really isn't an option right now. Thanks all!

As you posted, I'm sure by now you have regulated your schedule to 11 pm as you wished which I believe is fine. You should try to take your pill around the same time each day, but switching the time only 3 hours after your very first day should not be a problem.

Another point I had to comment on, is you should always have protected sex. If you are in a committed relationship, that's great, but know the pill isn't 100% going to keep you from getting pregnant. There is a small percentage that it can still happen-- not to mention the other things condoms can keep you safe from.

The pill is a great way for a woman to protect herself from pregnancy without having to completely rely on a man and it's great to regulate your cycle, minimize cramping, etc. etc. etc., but please, if possible, use condoms especially if you're not in a committed relationship.

my question is
i have been taking aviane for almost 6mths. i take it at night before i go to sleep. i take it from 9pm-12pm everynight. because of my squed. last month i missed a pill (lets day monday night). i remembered the next morning (tuesday morning) and took it right away. then i took my tuesday pill as normal at tuesday night. is it safe for me to have unprotected sex?

use a back up method (condom) for at least 7 days.

Ive been on birth control for 3months now. My first month I was on a brand but the pharmacy switched me because they didnt carry it any longer. They switched me to aviane. My first period with birth control went normal. When I switched to aviane I spotted blood three days before my period actually started. After that it went normal. However, this month it spotted the first three days I was supposed to begin my period and has been a weird flow since. Could this be the birth control? I mean I know they can cause shorter periods but this was just wierd. Can someone help me understand this?

if you missed one pill and you remember the next day..you are supposed to take 2 pills (the one you forgot and the one for that day) at the normal time. and it is still OK to have unprotected sex. i have been on Avaine now 2 1/2 years, i have had no problems with it.

I've been on aviane for about five months without missing one pill. I usually take them at three in the afternoon, but I forgot on saturday. I took my pill on friday at the right time, and took two on sunday at the right time (that's when I remembered). I had unprotected sex on saturday at around 1 ish. I'm scared that I might be pregnant because I don't know if the pills would have prevented that. Please let me know.

ok i started Aviane this month, i started during my period b/c i was told if you started during you period that it started working immediantly. well me and my boyfriend were having intercourse, the condom broke so he ejacualted in side me( this happened a week before next period) so i have been on it for almost a month but am not sure if i was protected or should be worried. please respond

ive been on aviane for a month and should be having my period this week. however today will be the third day into the white pills and i still have not started. is this normal for the first month on the pill? im starting to fear i might be pregnant.

k so ive been taking Aviane for about 3 weeks, for the past 3 days i have been bleeding, i know its normal for spotting but how much blood is normal and is this gonna happen every month?

i have been using aviane for 3 weeks now. i was supposed to get my period yesterday, but nothing happened. & i havent had any spotting at all while taking it. is this normal? has this happened to anyone else? what should i do? (im going on vacation this friday & i dont want it to interrupt it.)

I've read nothing but bad complains about the pill Aviane before I first started taking it. I have actually lost weight and still have the same appetite I had before I started taking it. I am in week 3 and expect to get my period May 22nd. I will keep updated to let you know how the period is.

Hi i was wondering if your on aviane and the condom breaks can you still get pregant from it? Like i know its 98-99% active. And i missed the pill once and i remember the next day to take it and i took it. I just wanna know because im really scared

Do you have to start taking the pill the first day of your cycle or on the first sunday? Or can u start whenever?

Hi every1, I took avaine pills just not to get periods and the day I started it , ot little spotting and it's continued till one it's my 4th day and I m bleeding , should I stop taking it and if I do what will happened?