I just started a new birth control last month. On the third week of sugar pills, i missed one and got my period the next day, but took the missed pill. Turns out that i then forgot to take that days pill, so my period continued the NEXT day and i took that missed pill along with that days pill. its the fourth week, placebo pills week, and its the fourth day and i still havent gotten my period. is it possible that i will skip this months period? my pill is supposed to lighten my flow dramatically too. i havent been very sexually active this month but if i was i used a condom.

Hi Kingme,

The sugar and placebo pills are the same thing.

You will have 21 days of "active" pills and 7 days of "inactive" (sugar,placebo) pills.

It doesn't matter at all if you miss the inactive pill.  They are just reminders.  Many women don't use them at all.

Missing one pill should not induce your period but it can happen.  You can expect your cycle to be a bit "different" this month since you are starting new birth control.

Hope it helps.

you might have interpreted this wrong but i pretty much took two active pills late consecutively on the third week and got my period, then i missed my period the fourth week, is that normal?

If you miss pills you can induce your period early yes.

thanks you very much!