Hi all. I’ve been on Aviane-28 for 4 weeks. I’ve noticed that I’m more angry than ever, sometimes even without any good reason. I’ve never been like this before…. I really don’t know what’s going on!!! Is it possible that aviane caused this??? I mean, can anger be side effect at all??? I don’t know what to do – please help…

Even though it may seem weird, it is true that aviane has one such side effect. Therefore, if aviane is the only med you’re using and there are no reasons for the anger, than it is most likely that you’re experiencing that side effect. Here is the list of all aviane side effects – check the list and see if you have more of them. If so. I would strongly recommend you see your doc and ask him for a possible replacement med.
The following side effects require immediate medical or emergency help: chest pain, coughing up blood, dizziness or fainting spells, leg, arm or groin pain, severe or sudden headaches, severe stomach pain, sudden shortness of breath, sudden loss of coordination, swelling of the hands, feet or ankles, or rapid weight gain, vision or speech problems, weakness or numbness in the arms or legs.
Other serious side effects: breast tissue changes or discharge, changes in vaginal bleeding during your period or between your periods, headaches or migraines, increases in blood sugar (especially if you have diabetes), increases in blood pressure, symptoms of vaginal infection (itching, irritation or unusual discharge), tenderness in the upper abdomen, vomiting, yellowing of the eyes or skin
Less severe side effects that do not require medical attention: breakthrough bleeding and spotting, breast tenderness, mild stomach upset, mood changes, anxiety, depression, frustration, anger, or emotional outbursts, increased or decreased appetite, increased sensitivity to sun or ultraviolet light, nausea, skin rash, acne, or brown spots on the skin, tiredness, weight gain.

Hi there...I have to say, I am glad I read your post. I too am on Aviane (for about four months) - and I definitely am experiencing the same anger issues. It is like I am an emotional hemophiliac - that is, once even the slightest thing upsets me, I can just snowball with intense, almost self-destructive, anger - I cant stop it. I also find myself becoming emotionally senstive and depressed with much lower sex drive. I used to be pretty happy-go-lucky, and now I am not.

Does anyone one out there also feel these things? Has it been traced back to Aviane? I am also taking Spinonalactone (sp?) for a combination of Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome.

Thanks!

scriber wrote:

BLC wrote:

Thanks!

scriber wrote:

Hi there! I reckon it is bc pills that are causing the mood swings. I can’t say what it could be in your case specifically considering you suffer from PCOS, which is hormonal disorder itself but it is certainly not Spinonalactone (sp?) but hormonal changes.

I myself had problems with bc pills, another kind though. I was way too nervous and jumpy, which some of the people around me didn’t like at all and even made often remarks, so I did a check up online and realized it could be from the hormonal changes and excessive hormonal presence in my body, I suspect estrogen is to blame.

I talked to my doctor about it, she said that most side effects subside after some time. It had been three months and I decided to quit as it obviously wasn’t my thing. Considering all the negative effects I was reading about the hormones, I decided to pass bc pills and don’t play with hormones anymore.

I reckon you should talk to your doc considering you are experiencing such mood swings.

I am also on Aviane and my husband just took my pack of pills because I have been so grumpy the past few days. It has been a few months since I started them and I think I noticed around month 2 or 3 that I seemed more touchy and less tolerant. I have three little boys, too, and it really affects the way I mother. I think I will get off of them.

I have been on Aviane for over a year. It has caused me to have horrible acne, some kind of skin rash on my back, mood swings, and for the first three months I was having my period for two weeks straight. I had previously been on Ortho-Tricyclen Lo for many years but could no longer afford it so I switched to Aviane, which was $30 cheaper per month. I can honestly say I HATE AVIANE and cannot wait to get off of it.

Yes I agree. I have been very moody; depressed rather and my skin is breaking out terribly. ive only been on aviane for 5 months but i hate it.
Id like to try other pills but to see if the have the same side effects but i dont think i can deal any more. Plus its just not good to mess with your body in this way.
my other side effects have been headaches, tiredness and weight gain and low sex drive. (my lucky husband!)
I wish i had a good solution!! ive only been married a few months and we are not quite ready to have a baby!
~LD

I just startes taking avine about 1 1/2 month ago. I have had breakthrough bleeding for 2 1/2 weeks out of the month. I also immedatly experienced a loss of appite and sex drive. But one good thing is that I had experience some facial hair growth during certian times of the month and that has greatlt tailored off. But I don't want to be out of commission for 2 1/2 weeks out fo the month. I'm considering trying a new bc.
Good luck!

I've been on Aviane for about 6 months, and have been more emotional than ever before. While logic tells me I'm an id**t, I'll start crying over commercials, situations that may or may not happen way down the road, etc. Not to mention I used to have really good skin, and now i breakout quite frequently. On the upside, my period is nil to none every month. It definitely doesn't outweigh the emotional swings. I think I'm going to be seeking another option tomorrow morning!

thank u very much but nothing was useful my problem is having hair uder ur armpits at age10-13 :'(

Hi ladies! After using Aviane for 4 months I noticed my hair beginning to fall out, I asked my doctor and she did not think it was the pills. I went so far as to get test ran to try to figure out what the problem was. The test came back okay, so it had to be the pills to make my hair fall out because shortly after that it began to fall out. I also have very bad dry scalp.Is there anyone out there who is having these same problems?

I have been on Aviane for a month now. I've been very moody and mean I'm normaly not like that. I'm about to start my 2nd pack and I'm thinking about just stopping because I can't stand being like this. I have taken a different form of birth control and It made me moody also. I'm starting just to give up on birth control dealing with hormones. I figure there are other stuff out there than can be a safety measure. For example spermicide.

I have been on Alesse for almost 7 years, with no problems at all. Now, Wyeth is having some sort of manufacturing issues and Alesse is almost completely out of stock at every pharmacy in my area.

My doctor just switched me to Aviane. I have one month of Alesse left, and am pretty hesitant to switch to Aviane based on all that I've read about side effects. Does anyone know if Alesse and Aviane are truly the same? If I didn't have problems on Alesse, can I expect the same on Aviane? Thanks for any insight on this.

I have been on Aviane for one month, after having been on Alesse for six (uneventful and unremarkable) years. I am having a terrible time with mood swing issues. After four days of being on aviane, I went from low-key and optimistic to an uncontrolled raging ball of anger and moodiness. My blood pressure has skyrocketed 30 points, and my resting pulse has gone from 68 to a whopping 90 (+/-3). No joke, it has been a complete Jekyll and Hyde transformation. I never had any moodiness issues on Alesse, and although the doctor and pharmacist both say they are exactly the same thing and couldn't *possibly* account for these dramatic changes, they have *zero* explanation for what else could. I am tempted to drop pills entirely until Wyeth sorts out thier business and gets Alesse back into the pharmacies.

I recently went on Aviane, but I am not experiencing major mood swings. However, when I first switched from Ortho to Ortho Lo, I experienced the crazy, angry, depressed mood swings.

I told my doctor and she told me to cut down on coffee and take Vitamin B Complex. She said you need to take it every day for a month before you will start to see a change but it will work because it helps to even out your body. So take some vitamins religiously and see if it works. It totally worked for me and it is also supposed to increase your metabolism.