I’ve started with aviane birth control pills 2 months ago. Recently I had an abortion and that was terrible experience for me. Although it was done with general anaesthesia and there was no pain and suffering, that harmed me emotionally. So, I can’t relax anymore even though started with bcp. Is there a chance for aviane birth control failure?

Sorry for your bad experience. I have been using aviane for last 3 years. It is important to take pill at the same time every day. If taking antibiotics or any other drugs, check on the insert package what is written about interactions with bcp. Some medications decrease concentration of bcp so you’ll need additional protection. I’ve never heard that aviane failed if woman was using it with responsibility. Aviane prevents ovulation, so there is no chance to stay pregnant, but only if use it very properly.

i have taken aviane for a long time. i take it at the same time every day, never skip a pill.

this is going to be my second abortion. my advice is to talk to your doctor about an alternative pill (maybe not the low-hormone type) or another type of bc.

I HAVE ONE 9 YEAR OLD AND NOW I AM IN A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP I STARTED TAKING THE AVIANNE 21 DAY PILL AFTER 6 YEARS OF BEING PILL FREE. ON MY 4TH MTH DURING THE LAST WEEK OF THE PILLS ( 2 PILLS LEFT) I WAS FEELING WEAK I THOUGHT IT WAS MY PERIOD. BACKACHES, ABDOMINAL PAIN TO MY LEFT SIDE. AND EVEN LEG PAIN AND CRAMPING LOTS OF CRAMPING. I HAD A MISCARRIAGE. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW I WAS PREGNANT I TOOK THE PILL DAILY AT THE SAME TIME AND I NEVER MISSED A PILL. I WILL NEVER TAKE PILLS AGAIN AND AM BACK TO CONDOMS. IT WAS A SCARE FOR ME SINCE NOW I WONDER COULD IT HAVE BEEN BECAUSE OF THE PILLS OR MAYBE MY BODY IS JUST NOT HAVING ANY MORE PREGNANCIES.

my daughter has had the same experience. She is 22, a university graduate and diligent about taking her pill as prescribed. She was switched from Alesse to Aviane two months ago and is now pregnant. She now has to endure a termination. Do not take this pill. It is far from 99% safe.