Give me the pros & cons please for home use.

I'm going to need to get something new soon. I'd like your opinions. Thanks. :D

Laptop Pros ::
  • light weight and portable
    Laptop Cons ::
  • Expensive
  • Almost impossible to repair outside of the computer store
  • Expensive to repair and more prone to break (in my experience)
    Desktop Pros ::
  • Cheap
  • Plentiful
  • Easy to upgrade
  • Parts widely available
    Desktop Cons ::
  • Not very portable
  • Take up more desk space

Unless you will be travelling a lot and want a computer with you, I would recommend a desktop. If you get a mini tower and put it on the floor and a LCD monitor desk space will no longer be an issue. :twocents:

So, basically you all recommend a desktop as a better option yes?

I'm sure a laptop would have to be a PITA to always have to get out and set up as well.

"A friend" of mine once spilled grape koolaid on her laptop and my, or I mean "her" computer then didn't work for a month. I'm just saying. :umno:

Other than that, I've liked mine okay but desktops are faster. And, after I hook up all my stuff to it (printer, mouse, speakers, various drives) I don't move it as much as you would think, its annoying, so I might as well have a desktop (well, I do have one but thats another story). It was convenient in college when space was limited in the dorms. It would also be convenient if it was a second computer and you travel.

How cheap can you get a good desktop these days???

What brands do you recommend?

I know I should do the research myself, but I just don't feel like it today. I like the Dell that I'm currently using, but I want to know if there's something out there just as good that's cheaper.