For the past week or so, every time I go to "posts since last visit" it says zero.
I figured I might have logged in and inadvertently logged out and back in somehow when checking different posts, but this afternoon (Sunday) is the first time I logged in since Friday night and it says zero.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to see all recent posts by date, so I can look at the posts since last friday evening?

Going to each category that interests me to see what's new is really not too good because there might be a post in a category I don't think to check that I would like to join in. Besides, there are a lot of categories.

Yeh I get the same. Don't know what I'm doing wrong either. %-)

Hi kingfreze and njoynlife,
well I didn't experience this problem. It was all normal when I click "Posts since last visit".
If this happens again please post it here so I can report this problem.

Regards

Hi dark-red, I haven't really analyzed it yet to see just how it happens.

About half the time I get here by clicking on the link in an email telling me about a reply that's been posted and the other half by using my desktop shortcut. I don't know if that makes the difference or not.

I'm using Vista and IE7.0 and sometimes it logs me in automatically and sometimes I have to manually do the name and password thing. I haven't yet figured out the reason for that. Sometimes if I have more than one email to check, it logs me out when I go the next one and I have to log in again, but sometimes it doesn't.

I'm trying to determine a pattern for those things.

Today there was only one new post shown since last night when I got here at noon.
https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/help-with-teeth-whitening&highlight=
posted at 11:08

Have you allowed, in your browser, to receive coockies from sites? Maybe that is the problem why it logs you out all the time. And if you log in and log out fast, and then log in again your "Posts since last visit" will be gone, because your last visit was one minute ago.
But if you are still unable to solve this problem tell me and we will try to find some solution. :-)

I think that must be what I did, logged out by mistake its working fine for me now.

On a side note though, how about implementing an option where you can select the date you want to see new posts from? Would avoid my problem anyway.

It would be nice to be able to go to a chronological list of new posts to see what has been posted since a certain date and time. Not a forever list, just the last 5 days, or something like that. That way we wouldn't have to worry about losing the list of posts since last visit. I did that last night when I looked at the first one of a long list and instead of hitting the back button I inadvertently hit the "x" in the corner. Bye, Bye, long list of unread posts.

It also works differently on my laptop with Vista than it does on my desktop with XP.

If I get here using the link in an email, I am not logged in, so I click on "log in" and then I have to click the back button to get back to the post. When I do that on the Vista computer I am still logged in when I get back to the post. When I do that on the XP computer I am not. I'll have to try it on one of my XP laptops to see if it's a laptop vs. desktop thing or Vista vs. XP thing.

I've found one way to make sure I don't get logged out is to minimize the first one, then open the next one.

Usually I can close out on the Vista laptop and when I come back to the site again I'm automatically logged in but sometimes I have to log in again. I think that may have to do with closing the lid or not closing it when I set the computer aside. I haven't verified that yet.

I almost always use my Vista laptop for browsing here, which creates another problem. The cursor likes to jump around while I'm typing and I often find the last few words I've typed are inserted somewhere else in the doc. I think that must be caused by a finger, most likely the side of a thumb, hitting the touchpad while I'm typing. You see, I don't really type, I hunt and peck. When I went to school, boys took shop, girls took typing, and any boy who was seen in a "girls class" must be gay. o.O

Were we dumb or what? What better place for a teenage boy to be than the only boy in a class full of girls? :-S

Actually I never thought typing would be a skill I would ever have any use for. Computers HAD been invented by then but they were thirty years away from becoming a household item. Actually, they were larger than a house and the inputters were called keypunch operators not typists.

Hi njoynlife and kingfreze,
Well I moved this topic to Suggestion Box forum, because you have few suggestions for SteadyHealht. But I left a shadow of the topic for now in the Small Talk.

Njoynlife have you consider maybe using Firefox of maybe Chrome? You can always try them out and if you don't like them you can go back to IE.

OK, this morning I got here via the link in an email. I wasn't logged in so I clicked on log in which brought me to the manual log in screen. After logging in, the line at the bottom of the banner said my last visit was just a few minutes ago. As I suspected, the posts since last visit says zero.

Maybe the system knows it's me even if I haven't logged in, so when I do log in, it counts that as a second visit.

OR:

When I have to log in that way, I can't get back to the post I was looking at using the back button because the back button takes me back to the blank log in screen. So I go back to the email and click the link again. Maybe it counts THAT as a second log in.

At any rate, I think this would all be solved by having a chronological list that goes back a few days instead of a posts since last visit.

I noticed something this morning that has nothing to do with his subject but the time listed as "time now" doesn't match the time on my clocks here. Other than the Daylight Saving Time difference, it is about 15 minutes different. Now that seems strange. Does it take 15 minutes for this to get from wherever your servers are (I assume they are across the pond from me) through the fiber optic undersea cables?

Well this is server time so I think that there is no connection with time on your computer.
If you try Firefox or Chrome, give me an info how it went. I want to know if you have this problem with these browsers too.

I can confirm that it's an Internet Explorer issue, although I have had a problem similar to this with Firefox in the past. If I don't click on posts since last visit fast enough, my cache file times out and then updates and all I get is posts made since I opened my browser. It is a little frustrating but I figured it out.