I know there have been hundreds of topics on this subject, but it's a really broad subject, and I have some other weird symptoms too, please take a look:

It all started last Friday, with a weird dizziness, a really short blackout of some sort, that was even until today the most severe of them. I was at work, at my computer. All that day I've been feeling lightheaded (not vertigo type dizziness), with a bit of nausea, or just general discomfort and illness feeling. Not sure if related, but to mention that my left arm was showing signs of numbness, or tingles in my little and ring fingers. The day passed, the weekend was fine, I didn't feel any of the symptoms... until Monday, coming back to work, and sitting down for about half an hour to my PC. I've noticed then that a little walk or movement made all this go away, but when returning to the desk, I got it again, after a while. As Monday passed, I went to see a doctor, who took my blood pressure (was mildly higher than normal). The bad feelings were all gone in the afternoon, even the numbness. Needless to say, they re-appeared Tuesday, and Wednesday, and today again. Yesterday evening I even noticed the feelings at home, when I was watching a movie. I can't say if the feeling is worse or not, but it's unbearable. A more accurate description: I'm feeling it in "waves", sometimes it's okay, but the more I stay, the more powerful, and if I don't relax a bit, stand up, I'm afraid I might faint. Sometimes it even goes to a pressure in the head.. not quite headache.
Today I got my blood test results, which I made Tuesday, and all the values tested are normal. The blood pressure was normal also this morning. The doctor didn't give me any further details, so I'm kinda clueless now, but also scared, I really need to find out what's happening and fix it. I'm worried it might be heart-related, but the doctor said it's not...

If you have any ideas, please share them. Thanks a lot!

Have you seen a chiropractor? Since your MD checked you out and says your heart / blood all check out ok, perhaps you could benefit from an alignment? I was experiencing similar symptoms for several months (always seated - at my computer, dining out with friends, once at a family wedding in a church, and once while at a Starbuck's drivethrough (which was really scary!!), and after 3 weeks of adjustments, everything was fine. I still am on a maintentance plan (1 adjustment per month), but I'm feeling a lot better. I don't have any details, but it was something about the upper vertabrae and a constriction of blood flow and that all being related to the nervous system, fight or flight response, etc. afer ongoing tension from sitting at the computer over the years. Good luck.

Hi. I am not sure how a chiropractor can help in this case. Just wondering. Also, sometimes dizziness and headaches, including a constant lightheadedness is a very common problem to people who spend a lot of time in front of their computers.  I was talking to my doctor about this and he told me that in most of the cases, this feeling is associated with posture change. Also, it is really related to the movement of a neck in some specific directions. People usually confused it with low blood pressure or hypoglycemia, but it doesn't have to be this. A lot of people actually have this habit of prolonged computer use, which is really, really bad thing. It can seriously affect our health. 

Hi Male 24.  I am hoping sending this message will alert to your email or some form of notification.  For about a month now I've been experiencing the exact symptoms you noted in your post.  I have had all the blood work, tests, etc. and my doctor cannot seem to figure out what's going on.  If you get this message, I'd like to know whether or not you've been diagnosed with anything or if a doctor was able to figure it out.

Thank you.  

Since I am experiencing the same thing, I am wondering if you ever figured out what it is. It's scary not to know. Thanks,

I had my first episode this yesterday. I have 3 online classes and have been sitting at the computer for hours almost all day. Im having the same feelings as you. I was at the emergency room yesterday. Today I've been having the same issues still although they think I just had a fainting episode. I don't know if its diabetes or what but I know there's something there.

I had the same symptoms with you.i was lightheaded for 2 months i have done ct scan, blood test,ENT,  i have gone to opthalmologit 3 times AND NOTHING. I was really desperate.One day when i woke up i had pain to my neck, i went to orthopedic and he found that i had neck issues.So i have done 3 physiotherapies and i am better now.I have slightly dizzyness but there many times that i am completly ok.Check your neck.

It's weird, I experience the reverse. If I'm at the computer, I'm good, but off the computer I get lightheaded, sometimes dizzy, sometimes nauseous.

Just wondering, do any of you have trouble sleeping? I do, and I'm wondering if that might contribute to feeling like this.

I have recently starting experiencing the same episodes.  I was told to sit up straight and breath in and out quickly and deeply, plus drink lots water.  Something about cutting off air ways and being dehydrated. 

I drink lots and lots of water. Maybe it helps a little, but I can't say it helps much.

I have been getting this and feel I have got to the bottom of mine. My issue is that I dont feel it at the PC but it comes on as I walk away.

Ive had this on and off since 2007 but only solved it this week....its actually my posture and the way I sit. If I sit upright in my chair I do not have any of these symptoms...but when I slump down it seems to build up from staying in this position for a long time. Im not sure whether its stress on the nervous system, blocking airways or blood pooling or what ever they call it...basically this started after I started sitting in weird positions after a prolapsed disc in the bottom of my back.

Hello, thanks for the reply. Yes, it was something similar.

Hello, sorry for ignoring this thread for a long time, but I've not received any notifications that anything is happening here. So I will reply to anyone who asked, and they haven't figured it out by now.
Yes, I partially resolved the mystery, and as some of you said, it was related to the neck/spine and nerves. Basically some of my vertebrae were pushing on some nerves, and causing all the symptoms. Now it's still happening, but not as bad as before.
I have not undergo any treatment, only some physiotherapy, which have helped.
If you have similar symptoms, I can advise the following:
- DON'T PANIC. this made it really bad for me, that I got scared
- check your posture, if you're sitting long hours
- don't sit long hours :). get up and move, do desk stretches
- lots of exercise, but don't be too hard on your spine... light and a lot is good (yoga, swimming)
- B vitamins, Magnesium, healthy food

Thank god for this post. My workplace is completely open and I was fine with that until now that I'm getting it exactly how u stated. When my Boss is having meetings in the other room there's a glass wall you can see through and when I start getting uncomfortable and dizzy I get nervous that she sees and even worse that it will make her concerned and mess up potential investor meetings...less - to - say thinking this usually makes me feel even worse and I'm sure she's noticed me panicking at my desk or looking like some drug addict. Anyway like you say I have to focus on not panicing, eating more b vitamins and go to a doctor about my neck since I go to heavy metal shows and head bang way too hard on top of having bad posture at my desk. ... thanks for the thread and tips guys!!

Thank you for this post!  I am having the same problem, and it's driving crazy.   It has been going on for a week now.  I sit at the computer most of the day and when the lightheadedness hits, I get up and walk around and evenutally I feel better.  It is very scary since I am not sure what is happening or what's going to happen.  Sometimes I also get nauesous and my legs become weak.  After reading  this post I realize that it happens when I am sitting.  I didn't put the two together at first.  Right now I am waiting for results from recent blood tests.  My blood pressure is a bit high, but my doctor wasn't very concerned and asked me to monitor it and report the readings to her.  In the meantime, I am trying to stay calm and stay away from caffeine.   I will also work on my posture and be sure to get up and walk around periodically.  Thanks!