How do I tell a friend who has been using my old laptop, which was to go to Larry (who, although he is usually too busy to use it, would given that it was at our house) that she needs to give it back so he can have it? She is not in the best of financial circumstances and somewhat depressed, so I feel badly for her and I let her use the computer until she bought one of her own. It's been five months, and she hasn't even mentioned it. I had to go over and take it out of her home during the hurricane, as she was out of town and lives in a mobile home, bayside, which did indeed receive a LOT of flooding. How do I explain that she needs to either buy it (which we don't want, because LArry wants to use it and get his computer skills up to speed, which I am happy to help him with) or return it and buy her own because she is depreciating ours?

All this without sounding like a total selfish biatch?

Any ideas? I let people take advantage of me too much. I already know that. I like to help out friends, and basically if it's mine, and you're my friend it's yours. It always gets me into trouble.

Help, please, from some hardass!

It's yours, just say I need my computer back. You don't need to give her a reason or tell her why.

:wavey: Hardass here! Can't you simply tell her you need it back cuz Larry will be using it now? Does she come into your home? How good a friend is she? You know, this could have been prevented. Us hardasses would have never lent it out! :P

"Hi XXXX, hey, I need you to return my laptop computer. Larry needs it for his work. Can you bring it over tomorrow? Thanks!"

"No, we really need it back on Friday, Larry needs to start using it."

Listen up scheisskopf, I want it back.

:1: and the less you dance around the issue/more direct you are, the easier it will be. You've been a great friend to let her use it all this time. She'll find something else. Like, the library.

Alright. I will try that today, as she is coming over for Thanksgiving dinner later. Why do I always feel so guilty about c**p like this. I am clearly stupid. And no, I am not Catholic or Jewish, which is what Larry says I must be someplace and I have repressed it.

But he DOES need it. I feel badly for her, but that's not justification for letting her take advantage. I will be tough about this. Thank you, hardasses!!!! You rock!

You're not stupid. It's hard to ask someone who is a friend and is taking advantage of you.

You were the one that was kind enough to lend it to her, she knew she was only borrowing correct?
When you told her she could use it until she buys a new one, i'm sure you didn't mean for 5-6 months...

Sooo. just tell her Larry needs it now.
I am the same way with wanting to help people out, i tend to get stepped on in the process at times. You just have to be honest with her and tell her you need it back.

anyone want to lend me laptop?

Thanks you guys!!! I don't feel so guilty anymore.

I need to take lessons from a cat. They have no guilt.

Return Property Template: Windows XP Jersey Edition

Yo XXXX,

Me and da boys wuz talkin...Big Larry needs da machine back... So you needs to like brings it over...Now...Cabeesh?... Udderwise me and da boys is comin over...and you's gona be pushin up pine trees in Joysee.

Oh Noooo! Not in the Pine Barrens, with the Joizee Devil.

:1: