Hi all;

My daughter was coughing alot over the weekend and on Sunday night I bought a bottle of 4oz (118 mL) Triaminic Night Time Cold & Cough and gave her 1 teaspoon (5mL). It seemed to really help. Took her to the doctor on Monday's afternoon, he said her lungs sounded fine and sent us home to continue on the Triaminic. She has been on Triaminic that entire Monday, 1 teaspoon every 4 hours. I brought the Triaminic bottle with her to the Day Care Center today, as I did on Monday. There were more than 1/2 left, probably 2/3 since an approximate total of 40 mL should have been used since Sunday night until Tuesday morning. The center was instructed to give her the medicine as needed, 5mL every 4 hours. Apparently she didn't need it and they didn't give her any today. However, when I picked her up, only 1/3 left, and no one knew what happened to medicine. There is a possibility that she might have had access to it and opened it and drank away that missing 1/3 volume. I called the Poison Control center, I called the Pharmacist at the place where I bought it, they all said if there is no symptoms (drowsy or stimulated), I shouldn't be worried. She seemed fine so far but...Is it possible to overdose and doesn't show symptoms? Can her system actually handle it? Is there any permanent damage on the liver or other organs?
In case someone here know how to calculate the dosage and concentration: she weighs about 33 lb, in each 5 ml of Triaminic, there is 6.25 mg of Diphenhydramine HCl, and 2.5 mg of Phenylephedrine HCl.
Please let me know should I be worried?

Thank you for your time.