hello all ,
i am 13 now and i have had a problem with my breasts they are covered in thick purple lines that look like veins they have been like this for a year now and im so worried i cant tell my mum because it is so embarrasing. When i am getting changed at school i am really self-concious because i am the only one who knows about it obviously i cant wear vests or low cut tops or bikinis, i have the same problem on my legs just right at the top im so worried and its making me depressed, some please please help me im begging anyone!!!!! :-( ?
thankyou xxx

Hi honey1 they ARE veins! What is happening is that you are reaching puberty - or well on your way - and what happens is your breasts start growing and your pelvis is starting to get ready for a period - or has already! Thus blood engorgement into these areas - and they will be growing! Have you heard of stretch marks? This can be another thing - if your breats are growing too fast! BUT I don't think you have that! Massage lotion into the areas and just make sure they are covered by a training bra or a pair of shorts! They will sort out in the end I promise! Do some stretching exercises and keep your muscles in the area healthy - as they will help with the added weight of breast tissue and hips when they relly get growing! IF you haven't started your period yet, make sure you carry pads with you at ALL times so you can be ready for any surprises! It's a BIg change, but it's also a wonderful thing becoming a woman! big hugs honey!

thankyou so much you have given me so much confidence and i am officially on a health kick now thankyou bambi i am so grateful :-) xxx

You're welcome honey! It's a shame they don't teach all of this with those films they show you in Health! Many young people are confused and worried about these changes going on! So ANYTIME you need to talk or have a question I'm usually on here OK? Good luck and health honey! If you do chest pushups, and exercises to strengthen your back and chest muscles, they are more prepared for any changes - the do NOT make your breasts bigger ;-) - but they definitely help you with your posture etc.

I'm twenty and have already menstruated and hit puberty and all. But in the last couple weeks my breasts have started showing large purple veins. They are pretty embarrassing. Any ideas on what mine could mean?

BIG question! have you had unprotected sex recently

Hi my name is Sarah and I am 15 and I have purple vines on my breast and on my thighs and it is a little bit embarrising because I just live my da what do I do

Hi Sarah, they are nothing to worry about! Veins take blood towards and away from areas in our bodies, so when areas are growing - as in puberty or pregnancy - they need more of a blood supply so all of a sudden you will notice these more than before! When you are in puberty - actually it can happen into your 20's - there are MANY changes going on! Your breasts start growing - thus needing more blood supply, your hips expand, your skin can change (usually to greasy and acne prone) but can also become thinner, lighter, darker you name it! Hormones are apart of us, that can bring wonderful things and not so great things, it's ALL about becoming a woman! Even young boys start noticing veins etc. - as they start having muscles and their chests, legs and arms are getting bigger! Just know it is COMPLETELY fine, and just a sign of change that's all! Just be as healthy as possible throughout these changes - these help with posture, skin health, sleep etc. It's a wonderful time but also an unsettling time, just concentrate on leading a healthy lifestyle, concentrating on your posture, getting enough sleep, eating healthy etc. then it is more of a breeze compared to some teenagers who have a hard time with all of the above! Hope this helps and if you have any questions just ask away OK? Even though you could ask your dad, I'm sure you would get this 8-O !!!! ;-D

I have this same problem and have had it for about the same amount of time... Help! It's super embarrassing:/

Hello... I have purpley lines all over my thighs and on the part above my butt. I think they might be stretch marks but I'm only 13. I have a petite figure and my mum is kinda on the heavy side. I don't know what to do and they are SO embarrassing! Please help!

It could be cellulite

I have the same problem and ill be 13 in less then a month! I can't say I know what it is cuz I don't. But I'm afraid of telling ppl to! Probably the best thing is to do is tell your mom... I know it can be embarrassing but what will she do, laugh at u?!?! I mean she is your mom she will do whatever she can to help

I have exactly the same problem and im also 12 but mine dont stick out or are as thick as veins?

Hi I realize that this is an old post but I have a similar question and it seems like you might have an answer. I recently developed small lines around both of my nipples. I also has some issues with my period recently and I was wondering if that might be related. I'm 17 years old. Please help because I don't know if this is a serious issue or not. Thank you.

Hi well I'm 12 years old and well I'm also growing vains on my breast and in the comment u said something about boobs growing to fast well last year I has a flat chest now they are growing a lot and fast and have vains all over my breast is its the same as the other girl I need help I'm worried just like that other girl I'm to scared to tell my mom plzz reply