I recently noticed some white (Or lighter than my skin) lines on both of my knees. Not on the knee itself but on the sides. The tissue feels slightly softer that the rest of the skin, and the lines start by the kneecap but not on them. It's just discoloration, and it looks...internal? The lines aren't swollen or higher or bumpy.

I don't want to sound like I'm overreacting but I'm worried this could be something serious. I'd rather not lose my legs.

I feel like I find a new problem everyday, is this serious?

I have the same thing! I've been searching the internet and I can't find what it is.

It's stretch marks!

I have them too. They look like I was scratched by a cat above my left knee (2 white lines) and one on my right thigh. I know it's not strectch marks because of the location. Is it something with skin pigmentation?

i have a white line starting from the top of my knee to the bottom and it feels rough and bumpy it just showed up and it was after i was giving the cats a bath. I don't want to sound overreacted but this is weird i need answers.

My daughter also have red lines on both knees , length is about half an inch.... It's been three months and didn't fade away ..but it is not itchy or bumpy it just seem inside the skin. Hope somebody would care to give info, thanks.

I'm fifteen years old and I've had these for as long as I can remember, so I'm pretty sure it's not a disease or the sort.  It just looks disgusting and I get asked about it EVERY TIME I wear shorts, which is annoying.  It feels like they're my veins, but the color isn't bluish, so I'm not sure what it is.  I've been searching on the internet forever and can never find anything about this problem...I guess it's not very common. :(

i just noticed the clear line on my legs today after my shower i broke my knee 8 months ago what is this do i need to c a dr? i know for sure its not stretch marks

It looks like a scar or a burn that has been there for a long long time.

I believe my daughters and I have morgellons, as we've been having a lot of weird skin symptoms lately that I dismissed unti now. dark moles that appeared all of sudden, mystery bruises and scratches and now a white line on my knee this morning! sometime get itchy mystery bug bites...occasional crawly feeling mostly on face and crevices. It's a new freak parasitic disease that affects mostly women, but my daughters have it too. We don't seem to have the fibers emerging from skin yet, (or haven't noticed them yet emerging). Please post your symptoms, as they arise, everywhere you can. Do not discount anything irregular on your skin--despite with the doctors tell you. We need to share data!!!!

I ran across your topic by sheer coincidence. I have those white lines on knees as well and saw this forum when I was searching and couldn't find anything as well. Well I was also looking up about being double jointed and I think I found the answer and wanted to share! I found a subject about "Cigarette paper scars" or atropic scars. The thing is (and it runs in my Mom's side of family), if you have ever been double jointed or have a diagnosis as child (like I was mine's a mild form) to have Scoliosis, extreme pain responses to injuries (when everyone else will tell you that your "exaggerating your symptoms") Frustrating UGH!!! Iif you have (mulitiple things) Myopia, digestive problems, "clumsy", pain from injuries that last longer (than what your Dr tells you they should last!!), the list goes on and on! Trust me I have been plauged my whole life and just about give up on the medical field! After reading on the subject it's called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and yes for some it can be life threating. My sister is blind and has many joint issues, my brother has heart issues and sleep apnea along with joint and vision problems, my mother has severe Osto arthritis has had an an aneurysm, sleep apnea, and family members on my mom's side have had many of the same issues. The thing is, no Doctor for any of us has diagnosed what the reason is for this, pretty basicly we are all pretty much told the same thing "It's all in your haed!!!"Well I won't go on and hope this helps answer your question!!

it is called cellulitis. consult ur doctor as soon as possible

I have this but at the top of my legs, I don't think that it is anything bad because it doesn't hurt but I have only noticed them not long ago.

I have had this! I thought I was the only one. It started to worry me because I had it for a while but it gradually went away over the space of about a month

Few month ago I scraped both my knees on the street, at the moment it wasn't treated properly( washed with water) however few hours later it was. Now my scraps are still not healed, and I find them to turn black every time I take shower, then they turn pink. And a month or so ago I found a small line next to one of my wound, it's not white. Then just now, I found a longer, fairly straight, white line on the inner side of my knee. I can't seem to find what it is, hope I can find answer. If a doctor happens to see this... Please reply.