Hi, I am a 35 years old and I have a son that I believe is allergic to dust mites. I caught him coughing all the time in the night. I just cleaned his room very nice, and next night it was ok. This is a lesson to me to keep his room as tidy as possible, but I am wondering if there is a way for him to get over that allergy? Any thoughts?

Ultimately, the best solution is the one you described. The prevention lies in good and healthy hygiene. Tell your son to wash hands frequently. As odd as it may seem, the good way to get rid of dust mites is to keep the home cool, maintain a low humidity, and tm make sure there is a proper ventilation. That is about it, I think.

I am also a person alergic to dustmites and when we found out i was we changed some of the things in our home, we found out when i was 10 and i am not 16. My bed under my sheets has a plastic sheet that keeps the dustmies in the mattress away from my skin and we also keep all the furniture in my home very clean and make sure to scrub all our rugs very well. We also keep an air purifier in my room and try to keep me away from animals that have a lot of hair. Hope this helped a lot, any questions email me.... ******. I have very few reaction and when i do i take zyrtec for it because i break out in hives and cough.

**edited by moderator**