I am a college student with a whole mess of problems. I take Loestrin 24 Fe Birth control which isn't unusual. I have attention deficit disorder so i take Adderall, i have been depressed as well and i am on 300MG of Welbutrin and 50 mg of Pristiq. I've been having a lot of obsessive compulsive tendencies which worsened my depression and was also controlling my life so my doctor had me increase my pristiq to 100mg when i did that the first day i was very out of it and dazed and the second day i could barely keep my eyes open all day. so i didn't take it the third day and called my doctor and he said not to take 100 mg of pristiq and go back to 50 mg. but he also said he wanted me to start taking 300mg of gabapentin every night. now i know that i should listen to my doctor but i don't really want to be on 5 medications. I would like to be only taking three: birth control, ADD meds, and ONE anti depressant not 3. and i looked up this medication and it is used to treat nerve pain which is really weird i don't even know why he prescribed it. it's so hard being in college and talking to a doctor and i was wondering if anyone had any input?

Try the gabapentin, if you haven't already. It has some very powerful and interesting anti-depressant qualities. It may take you a few days to get used to--it can make you tired/spacey at first--but at levels of 600mg one to three times a day, it can radically improve your depression and OCD. It could be a solid third medication for you. Side-effects, other than fatigue, should be insignificant. The drug has been around forever. (Used for different purposes.) It is cheap and has been studied well over the long term. New uses for it crop up all the time. Again: a very interesting and--for some!--a very effective medication. Good luck.