Hi, my brother is 28 years old and he would like to quit smoking. His very good friend told him about wellbutrin as one of the best medications which would help him to quit smoking. I would like to know if someone had more experience with this medication. Thank you very much.

Hi, welbutrin is very similar to Zyban and it is pretty good medication against smoking. It is antidepressant which increases some types of activities in the brain and helps you to overcome crisis which appears when you quit smoking. There are few forms of wellbutrin depending on it how long his effect lasts so it can be used every 6 hours or two times per day

hi, wellbutrin? I use wellbutrin XL, and now i use wellbutrin XR(its an anti-depressant pill, its used also to calm hyper people down, or something like that, i founde your post interesting because instead of using my medcine, i would smoke marijuana every day, im talking minimum 4 filis a day(rolles in ciggar blunt), and ive been feeling a little nausioud , i think its because i would take the medicine rarely and smoke pot, and i think thats why ive been feeling nausious, so i guess quitting marijuana after 6 days made me have these symptoms, expecialy because of my depressant pills, i let you know if im right ok :-)

i was just on the wellbutrin website, ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed. it says that wellbutrin is dangerous to take when in nicotine withdrawel or when quitting cold turkey. its okay if u use it wit hother stop smokign regiments though. !

Hi, I would like to share with you that i quit smoking 4 years ago with the help of wellbutrin and the patch. I started taking the medication 2 weeks before my quit date. I also started excercising regular and I lost 50 lbs. It works if you want it to. Tell your brother good luck