Why I was prescribed with Gabapentin for RSD? A friend of mine was using this medicine for years, but she was diagnosed with epilepsy. Is this some kind a joke or my doctor is out of his mind? What do you think? Have anyone of you used Gabapentin (Neurontin) 300mg for RSD?

I understand that you are angry, but as you will see there are reasons that we not understand every time. Gabapentin is anticonvulsant (used to treat people with epilepsy), but in small doses it can be used for some other conditions. Gabapentin (Neurontin) can also be used for some psychiatric problems as well as for RSD.

I have RSD and was prescribed Gabapentin. I take 1000mg 4 times a day. Gabapentin is an anticonvulsant but it is also used to treat neuropathic pain.

Your Dr isn't crazy. lol I use Gabapentin, in fact i'm up too 2700mg a day as well as Nortripyline 150mg a day. Both of those seem to help a lot better then the other meds I was on. I still have break thru pain but not as much with this combo. I have RSD from a work injury. I do not wish this on anyone. It sucks.