I wanted to ask about bronchodilators for asthma. These are the "blue inhalers" marketed under various brand names, isn't that right? If I am right, bronchodilators are only used in emergency wheezing situations that need immediate relief, and not on a regular basis. What are the side effects of bronchodilators?

It is funny how questions on internet fora lead you to discover new things about medication you have been taking for years. I am asthmatic and have known since I was a teen. Of course, I have a salbutamol inhaler, and I need to use it from time to time. I never looked at the insert and never had any side effects from salbutamol. But, reading the insert for the first time now lead me to discover that bronchodilators can cause nausea, headaches, muscle cramps, diarrhoea and vomiting. Who knew?